Author Topic: 12.7.08 A Birthday Thank You!!!  (Read 1906 times)

Drethus

12.7.08 A Birthday Thank You!!!
« on: December 06, 2008, 09:32:29 PM »
I would like to offer a very big thanks to Mike, Jason, and Bill for coming to my son's 7th birthday party.  The kids thought the characters were totally amazing, loved getting the autographs, and loved even more getting individual pictures.  Also, this is the second time Mike has helped my sons celebrate, and I am truly grateful.  Both my boys have now had birthday celebrations they will never forget.

Also, thank you to Fawn who coordinated the characters, Chris who (I think) may have given Jason a nudge to come, and also to the person who was to have played Mara Jade, but was unfortunately too sick to attend.  I would thank you by name, but I don't know it.

For the party, we had asked that instead of buying presents for our son that guests instead bring a charitable contribution.  Between our contribution, and the contributions of the birthday guests, the North West Downs Syndrome Association will be receiving $370 in the name of the Cloud City Garrison and the Renzo Birthday Celebration.

All in all, a great party, and certainly unique!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 12.7.08 A Birthday Thank You!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:51:15 PM »
I'm glad we could make this day extra special for your kid. I was happy to do this birthday, those kids were awesome. Of course we need to have a chat with that boy of yours..... Batman birthday cake. Sheesh!  :mrgreen:

I'm sure I can speak for Rick ( not Mike  :wink: ) and Jason when I say this was a very good birthday party. We are always happy to do birthday parties like this.  :mrgreen: I'm sure Christy would say the same had she been there.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Drethus

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:45:19 PM »
D'OH! 

Rick, sorry I called you Mike!   :oops:

I'm GREAT with faces and HORRIBLE with names.

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 02:35:14 AM »
Glad to here this owrked out so well, thanks again to those who stepped up
Paul

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
Looked like it went AWESOME! way to go guys!
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline cojake

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
Tony, it was nice to meet you.  I hope Renzo had a good B-day!  It was my pleasure to attend.  No nudging involved.  :wink:  I joined this group for the purpose of putting smiles on kids faces and to make a few new friends.  Now all we have to do is get you suited up for duty. :mrgreen:  Jason
"It's all part of the therapy"
BH-4865  ESB Boba Fett

Tags: