Author Topic: Hi there guys, few questions if I may.  (Read 4781 times)

droessler

Hi there guys, few questions if I may.
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
Hello, my name is Billy, and I was wondering:
I am interested in possibly getting suited up, however, I'm not the smallest guy, and was curious as to how big is too big when it comes to getting a suit?
Also, I was wondering how many events or appearances the average trooper makes?

Thanks in advance,
Billy

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hi there guys, few questions if I may.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
Hello Billy,
Depending on which armor set you decide to purchase, will determine if  can/want wear it.
Most armor sets come as "kits" that you can assemble, thus sizing them to yourself.
The only suit I really can't recommend is Imperial Guard. The most available helmet,Don Post,
is extremely undersized for most people. There is another place to get a fiberglass one, but it
is a bit on the expensive side as far as helmets go. Hope this helps. If you'd like more information
on a particular armor kit let us know.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:58:25 PM by Cooter Davis »
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
Hi Billy. Welcome to Cloud City Garrison.  The TK stormtrooper armor will be from 650. on up.  Most folks starting out will go to FX Armor. Before you go to E bay . WAIT.   Your questions will be answered. You will be directed thru a Private message on where to go to purchase. You mentioned your a big guy. There are costumes that can be worn by a husky person. TK Stormtrooper is not for everyone. You have Imperial officers, Tie pilots, Imperial guards, Look thru the Star Wars Universe for something that may Suit you .  To join the 501st is an awesome experience. This is all for charity, and volunteer. The amount of Troops are up to you and how much you want to travel to each event.   Also Age is important. You have to be 18 and over to Troop with group in costume.  Make sure you read the rules of conduct.  If you are under 18 . You can still help as a Spotter. A spotter helps with crowd control and make sure Troopers are looked after, alos take pictures for group.  Be a Positive, and a good example to the public.  No offensive language, or negative attitude.  We are here to have fun and bring Joy to community thru Star Wars. looking forward to seeing you more on forums as you get to know the group.
Peace, Allan
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:33:37 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »
Hello droessler:

I am the membership officer for Cloud City Garrison. Feel free to send me a PM and we can kick around some ideas for Star Wars costuming. I am also glad to help a fellow trooper out. Let's get some ideas floating and see what we can come up with. You can send me a PM or email me. I am at your disposal.

Thanks for the interest in what we do!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:17:52 PM »
Billy!!!

Hi there, don't neglect soft costumes like sith lords and the like. Also as Allan mentioned the Tie Fighter is a pretty cool set up for a bigger guy, you get more mobility but also get the distinct honnor of being mistaken for vader once in awhile.

Welcome to the group
Paul

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »
biker scouts are also a common choice for larger troopers since the middle is cloth, plus you could go storm commando (black biker scout essentially).

You came to a good place to ask around, if yo're interested in more extended universe costumes i would recommend also asking around the Spec Ops boards http://z11.invisionfree.com/501st_Spec_Ops_Det/index.php? 

you came to a great place to ask these questions, hope to see you on the boards in the future.

In regards to appearances, if you take a gander at our announcements forum a trooper may appear to as many functions as they can make! In the..what has it been guys, 7 months since i've begun hanging around here? Since then I personally have already attended 2 awesome birthday parties, a Tae Kwon Do Tournament, a big fund raiser for Childrens Miracle Network and spotted at an elementary schools fund raiser, all were great fun and very rewarding to see the smiles that were brought to kids faces and bring Star Wars to life for so many people and it has been an honor and great fun to troop with everyone else who made it to those.

I'm a full time student so i haven't made it to half of the things that have happened in those 7 months, so there is plenty of opportunity to get out there!

Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

droessler

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:24:18 PM »
Thanks for all the quick and friendly replies.
I've been directed to a few different areas for info, and am now checking them all out.
I appreciate all the help!

-Billy

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
good luck bro!
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 02:45:53 PM »
Thanks Billy for looking into the 501st.  Our membership Liason will contact you.   Thanks again.
Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »
join us and together we shall rule... portland?

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
Oregon / SW Washington bud!

FYI, I've initiated contacted. I have taken our conversations privately so as not to clutter up the boards here.

Thanks!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:23:33 PM »
Clutter!

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »
You dork!  :mrgreen:

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: