Author Topic: Family guy star wars dvd....  (Read 12556 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Family guy star wars dvd....
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »
Sure I love Star Wars Parodies, but the Pervert Old man.in Family Guy was a little too much. really was Gross factor,
Allan Quick

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 11:01:26 PM »
Well then we can all thank Stewie for cutting him down to size :mrgreen:
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »
Sure I love Star Wars Parodies, but the Pervert Old man.in Family Guy was a little too much. really was Gross factor,

There is one in every bunch.  Haven't you met Tony K?  :mrgreen: :wink:

Offline greedo

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »
I haven't been able to coment on this episode yet because everytime I even think about it................. I start laughing out of control.  ( I'm doing it now) this post has already taken me 10 minutes to write.

no one has even mentioned the best line yet..........Vader: ''Cant we just cover it up with some plywood or something''.

And for those of you that are offended easily , tune in for other hillarious lines like ''Don't worry Louis....Christians don't believe in gravity" 
F**K you Photobucket!

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 06:49:35 PM »
Of course we don't... it's God holding out toes down... duh!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »

hehe I think uncontrollable laughter is appropriate.

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 09:03:41 PM »
nice.....  :wink:
Allan Quick

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »
That's what so classic about that episode.  There are so many quotes from it!  Greedo is right, everytime I think about it I start chuckling.  Another quote for Allan "There are alternatives to fighting................Like getting the hell outta here.  Just kidding, wouldn't that be funny if I was like that?"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 08:01:09 AM »
come on ... LOL.. I liked the Star wars Parody .. the whole thing.. I thought it was funny... but really .. you guys thought the Old man was a good charater for Obi wan...I don't think perversion is a Funny matter, I guess that part of it turned my laughter to groan.. but to each his own.. if you like it  fine.... I have known of kids hurt by Perverts like that .. and seeing the Hurt in their family was horrible.  I am sorry about being a buzz kill on this thread , but I don't like Perverts in cartoon or real life.  I will never allow my son to watch it because of that Old man..    If they would have LEFT that out of Family Guy Star Wars ... I would have bought it...Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 10:58:31 AM »
I'm right with you on that one Allan. Although, I do have to admit the old man did fly under the radar with me... but just barely. I was disappointed, though, that they took it in that direction. The point of contention for me was the one line crack about Peter inheriting the Falcon from his brother who died of Leukemia. I found that rather distasteful since the line was delivered to invoke sarcams and twisted humor into something I don't peticularly find too funny. My brother DID die of Leukemia. And Star Wars is that tangible thing that still keeps us connected, even though he is gone.
I'm sure like you, it was a slap in the face to me...

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »
Comedy is a tricky subject and since it is a Family Guy tribute, it is meant for those fans of both.  I was deeply humored by it (but then, my humor knows no bounds and i have yet to graduminate from 3rd grade potty humor).  If you dont like Family Guy, odds are you arent going to like their tribute.  I was actually angered by the fact that they had to leave out some parts they showed at Celebration IV.  I'm hoping that they include those missing scenes in the DVD. 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 02:20:17 PM »
I'm right with you on that one Allan. Although, I do have to admit the old man did fly under the radar with me... but just barely. I was disappointed, though, that they took it in that direction. The point of contention for me was the one line crack about Peter inheriting the Falcon from his brother who died of Leukemia. I found that rather distasteful since the line was delivered to invoke sarcams and twisted humor into something I don't peticularly find too funny. My brother DID die of Leukemia. And Star Wars is that tangible thing that still keeps us connected, even though he is gone.
I'm sure like you, it was a slap in the face to me...

- Bill

I hear both you and Allan but the fact remains, like Chris said, its A FAMILY GUY star wars show and if you don't like Family Guy then you prolly wouldn't like their Star Wars show either.  Sarcasim, twisted humor, perverted things and making fun of sensative things are what Family Guy is all about.  Now it wasn't until the Family Guy Star Wars episode that I watched a full episode of Family Guy.  Yes I have watched plenty of YouTube'd collage of Family Guy Star Wars clips but never a full show.  I have watched a couple since then but they are pretty adult themed w/o the star wars refences to keep me interested.  Don't know if I will watch another one until their Empire episode comes out. But that is the thing with comedy, some like it and some don't.  Some is tasteful to some and not to others. 

I do need your's(Bill) and Allan's addresses so I can send you this episode when it comes out on dvd for Christmas. (a joke Bill  :wink::mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
LOL.. :wink: Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 07:01:15 AM »
Rob... you're a real wise @$$!  :lol:

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »
Rob... you're a real wise @$$!  :lol:

- Bill

:mrgreen: :twisted:

Tags: