Author Topic: Hello! I'm New!  (Read 8724 times)

Zabet

Hello! I'm New!
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:01:05 AM »
Hi, I'm Liz. I met a few of you at a star wars book signing a week ago.
I have a feeling I'm much younger than the average cloud city garrison member but here I am.
I'm starting my costume in a week - so I guess I won't be done for another year.

Do you guys do birthday parties? Because I really want Boba Fett & his friends to come to mine.

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello! I'm New!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 01:08:51 AM »
Hello Liz.. Welcome to the boards!

What costume are you working on?

And i'msure we can twist Boba's arm and get himto come to your party ;)

Paul

Offline Daverian

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 07:11:58 AM »
I remember you and your friend. Welcome in!!

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:30:57 AM »
Welcome Zabet.  Tell us what costume you are wanting.  Make sure you check here with us before you go and purchase or auction anything.  We are a great resource and can probably get something for less or at a better quality!  Welcome aboard.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »
I would definitely have to agree with what FireStorm said.  I too am in the process of getting a suit together.  Mine is going to be an Imperial Officer.  At first, I was looking at spending about $600.  Since lurking on the specific detachment boards and getting some ideas from others, I have been able to cut my cost down to just over $300.  While it is still not cheap, it is a great deal more manageable.

You can find the various detachment boards through the main website of the 501st Legion.  Just go to unit listings and click on the detachment link.  No matter your idea for garb, there are many others who have already done it (probably).

Welcome aboard, though.  I look forward to Trooping alongside you and the rest when I finally get my officers uniform together.  And do not be afraid to ask anyone here for advice or assistance, I'm not.  Even if they do not have the answers you seek, they wil most than likely know who does and be able to point you in the right direction.

Oh, and I'm curious too, what kind of outfit are you planning?

- Jason

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »
Welcome to the boards Liz.  Hopefully those pics you took turned out good.  Birthday parties are fun!  And Pepito, just try to twist my arm  :twisted:
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »
LOL Chris...... Or feed you to the Sarlacc... Look out Boba..... 
Allan Quick

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 08:06:13 AM »
Hello and welcome Liz!!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »
Welcome Zabet!, i'm "sorta" new here as well, doesn't really feel like it any more :P This is a great place to be, feel free to ask as many questions as you need to :)
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
Yay!  Another girl!!!   :mrgreen:

Welcome to the boards.....looking forward to meeting  you!

JadesFire

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »
Yay!  Another girl!!!   :mrgreen:

Welcome to the boards.....looking forward to meeting  you!
Hip hip hooray! Go girl power! XD

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 10:57:22 PM »
Greetings Zabet!As you can see everyone here is very friendly and more then willing to help a new recruit!
And I'm sure Boba Fett and his buddies would love to come to your B-day party too! :D
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Zabet

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 12:13:31 AM »
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I turn 18 in March so anybody know where I can get a Star Wars stripper? No - seriously. I want one.

I'm working on a Boba Fett costume which I'm guessing will be more than $600. If I get a job I might buy the $2000+ pre-made one, or if not I've checked out hundreds of Boba Fett costume making sites and I've found some that don't require welding.
But I am definitely interested in getting some advice on places and supplies to use. Especially you bounty hunters.

And Boba/ClonenolC - the pictures turned out fantastic. My friend and I talk about it just about every day.
She's purchasing a Jango Fett costume.

"He had never so much as held a woman in his arms... but in Fett's mind his chastity made him no less a man... " - Tales of the Bounty Hunters

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »
Best place to look for info on a specific set of armor/garb is the detachment for that type.  Bounty Hunters fall under Phoenix Squadron.  Their website is http://www.phoenixsquadron.com/.  I'm sure that you can go there and ask for tips on Boba Fett garb and they will be happy to help you out.

Now, I'm not saying that the people here are not able to, but the detachment may have one o two more resources for the specifics.  I found the same thing in my hunt for an Imperial Officer's Uniform as well as for my planned Vader armor in the future.

Again, welcome.  I look forward to trooping with you soon... that is if I finish my uniform and get accepted in the 501st.  The joys of being a starving college student  :D

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:23 AM »
Best place to look for info on a specific set of armor/garb is the detachment for that type.  Bounty Hunters fall under Phoenix Squadron.  Their website is http://www.phoenixsquadron.com/.  I'm sure that you can go there and ask for tips on Boba Fett garb and they will be happy to help you out.

As a member of Phoenix Squadron, I have to say this isn't true. There are some changes that are slowly taking place, but the Phoenix Squadron forums are basically for 501st members....at least at the moment. (Normally this isn't the rule though.)

For Fett-related topics, you'd be much better off visiting the Dented Helmet's boards (which is not specifically a 501st group). There are some good folks there and as with any costuming forums, if you sign up, make sure you read the rules before posting. I know that the Clone detachment boards can get a little extreme when it comes to new blood making mistakes. ;)

Anyhoo - glad to have you abord and good luck with your quest, Liz.

-Kyle
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:17:43 AM by masterjedi »
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Tags: