Author Topic: Hail Imperials!  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hail Imperials!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 01:18:53 PM »
Not true..... I've upgraded! I'm a Captain (or Commander) as well!

Does that mean I have to get the three by three's bar and three cylinders for Major???

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »
It was probably a bad GM... I don't use fragmentary dice... I prefer CS, its easier to handle and there is no chance of it going off if my wife steals it for a Yatzee game.

LOL... yeah them killer dice, huh?  Looking forward to meeting you! :D

I LOVE the smell of CS in the morning, makes you wanna DISCO!!  :wink:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »
Dude, you're talking to the 1/100 people that CS has no effect on.  My Drill hated me in Boot because I had a huge smile on my face doing heavy breathing noises in the chamber.  I knew I had an immunity when my Guard unit took me to the chamber before I shipped.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »
A major is four by four. The difference between the major and the general's rank is that the four by four pips of the general is spaced out on the backing of the admiral's rank, where the major's spacing are consistant with the other ranks. Am I making sense here?

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 03:17:39 PM »
Oops... I meant 2x4 with three cylinders.  Um, tavrikgannon, where are you getting your info?  Mine comes from Technical Commentaries.  It says the only difference between Major, Lt. Colonrl and, "full-bird" are the number of cylinders.

I was just kidding about that, though.  Anything over a Captain would be inundated with paperwork.  I'd rather just kill with me boys than figure out who to send replacements to after the next Rebel Raid, tally armor damage, inspections, deal with Navy ID10T's, put up with the wrath of Vader after finding out that an entire bay full of stormtroopers can't hit a single smuggler as he is running down a seven-foot long stretch of hall... ya, I'd just rather keep as a Captain.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 09:43:49 AM »
This is where I get my info from. I did a google search for Imperial ranks. I think this may be the same as the page of Imperial ranks in my WEG Imperial Sourcebook.

Those ranks that you listed were the ranking structure prior to the destruction of the Death Star, as of SW:ANH. Supposedly, there was a rank restructuring sometime after the destruction of the Death Star. Although, I think it is fair to point out that all we saw in Return of the Jedi were Commanders. I believe that was a big continuity snafu...

- Bill
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:47:36 AM by tavrikgannon »
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Tags: