Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings
« on: April 28, 2007, 08:14:47 AM »
Hello all. My rl name is Jerry. I have come to this message board to not only make friends, but to get tips on how to be the best Bike Scout Trooper I can be so I can not only make my trooping experience fun for others, but fun for myself. I look forward to finding new interesting pieces of information and most importantly, friends.

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »
Hello all. My rl name is Jerry. I have come to this message board to not only make friends, but to get tips on how to be the best Bike Scout Trooper I can be so I can not only make my trooping experience fun for others, but fun for myself. I look forward to finding new interesting pieces of information and most importantly, friends.

Jerry, welcome to Cloud City Garrison!!  Treedodger's are cool!  We have at least 4 here.  The most info i could give you can all be found at BikerScout.net  It has the plethora of BS knowledge.  Make sure you look around here too and again welcome bro!  You have taken you first step into a larger world............  :mrgreen:

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »
Glad to Meet you, llovesanddirt. I have already checked out Bikerscout.net and found it to be quite interesting. Hopefully I can get some local help here as well because I'm both a visual and a hands-on learner.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 05:05:56 PM »
Glad to Meet you, llovesanddirt. I have already checked out Bikerscout.net and found it to be quite interesting. Hopefully I can get some local help here as well because I'm both a visual and a hands-on learner.

Cool bro!  I have a Biker Scout and so does Rosey, Jason011, Sithman, Firestorm and Hoseycuervo.  So if its pics, questions, help on accessories and/or just checking out our armor live just as any of them.  :mrgreen:  j/k me too!  Again welcome future Treedodger!  And remember Ewoks are dumb!  :twisted:

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »
Thanks again. The only thing that I would probably need help on is for somebody to either come by my place or I just bring the materials and see what needs tweaking so that my armor meets standards and looks good at the same time.

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »
You can always bring your armor to a troop. If its not finished some of us will come by and give you pointers on the armor. :)
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 06:14:43 PM »
Hopefully constructive pointers. I'm not exactly good at electronics and other crafting besides knowing how to use an exacto knife. Tips are always welcome though. I just gotta complete the belt, get the proper done for the fans and speaker system on the helmet, and make sure that everything is good to go.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »
Heya Jerry, glad you made it here.  This is the place to say hi and this is the best bunch of Ewok smackers in the Legion!!  Treedodgers are always welcome to be sure!!

I got you call about the blaster and will give you a call this evening when I get a chance!!  Mean while, it sounded like from our conversation that you are well on your way and beyond with having a costume up to snuff.  So don't worry to much on your quality.  I am certain it is great!!

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »
Yeah, but like you said, there's always room for improvement. I think I understand what you say when you get that certain feeling of enjoying the improvements trying to do your best to make your costume the best that it can be. I want to show you guys that I'm not just some kind of flake who just shows up and goes away. I only lurk in boards that no longer interest or die because I like to move on. However, I owe it to my fandom and my love towards Star Wars to do this not only for myself, but for all of those charitable organizations that this organization keeps talking about. If you guys are planning anything at all, let me know because perhaps I can pull a couple strings in my work place to see what I can do. However, due to that fact that I am currently in training with my new job, I'm only off on weekends at this time until is over and I'm back on my old schedule so I can sleep once more.

Tags: