Author Topic: Greetings from Oregon City!  (Read 215 times)

Offline ab33842

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings from Oregon City!
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:27:39 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to all of this, but I've been a huge fan for many years!

I have a friend from work who used to have a trooper kit, then built blasters, and now builds amazing droids, and I want to be a part of this world. I'm not very creative, and don't have many skills in the creation area, but I am able to do small things and would be glad to work on costume pieces in a group setting. I recently went to Disney World and made a lightsaber at Savi's and that really sparked my interest in making a generic Jedi kit.

I'm a big guy with a decent sized beard with a bald head, so a face character probably isn't in the cards for me. I'm hoping I can make a Jedi kit, or something that I can start with to join in on the action. Can I use a Savi's saber with a Jedi kit (I have purple, green, blue, white, yellow and red crystals)? I live near Saberforge and have gone there a few times to just look around. I'm totally willing to get a different saber if necessary, but would like to get some thoughts on the easiest way to get started in the group.

Sorry about the questions, I'm a new guy here...

Adam

Offline CadBane3

Re: Greetings from Oregon City!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 06:34:39 AM »
Greetings and welcome! No problem on the questions! It's always better to ask them than spend money on something that you find out later you can't use! I'll let some of our Jedi folk answer your questions as I don't really know the answers, but I wanted to say hello and welcome you in.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Online CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 07:51:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline ab33842

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 07:59:03 PM »
The other one I like is the Imperial Guard, since I'm not sure if I could squeeze into a Scout Trooper uniform...!

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 01:02:50 AM »
Welcome to the CCG.
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 05:49:34 AM »
The other one I like is the Imperial Guard, since I'm not sure if I could squeeze into a Scout Trooper uniform...!

We've got all sizes of biker scouts! It's a very versatile costume given that it's soft parts around the belly. If it's something you want to do, we can help you figure it out!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline ab33842

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 11:13:04 PM »
Do you have contact info for someone/group that I could start with?

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 12:18:51 AM »
Do you have contact info for someone/group that I could start with?

I would contact Pilot Bay on their Facebook page. I do believe that they bought the Steve Altmann's molds for his Larger Scout Trooper armor kit. I use the Altmann's Helmet/Armor combo, but I was the last set that Steve made before selling his molds, and I think he sold them to Pilot Bay. As for the Helmet, I do believe Steve may still sell them but if not there are other helmet sources available.

Here is my scout, I am 6'2" 240 at they time that picture was taken.

I would also suggest checking out the Pathfinder Detachment Forums, they are very helpful there. They are the go to for all things scouts.

https://www.501stpathfinders.com/

Offline ab33842

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 08:55:52 PM »
I'm not finding the FB group, dp you have a link? I found a scout trooper group, but not that specific one. I'm about 6'/285lbs, so close to your size. What did it cost you to get your scout trooper finished?

Online CJ49er

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 06:43:19 AM »
I'm not finding the FB group, dp you have a link? I found a scout trooper group, but not that specific one. I'm about 6'/285lbs, so close to your size. What did it cost you to get your scout trooper finished?

https://www.facebook.com/pilotbay369
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024, 12:58:30 AM »

I'm not sure what the cost will be from them, I bought my set from the mold maker before he sold them off.  So it is a whole different company now. 

Tags: