Author Topic: Xwing Pilot from Beaverton  (Read 432 times)

Offline Daybreak

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Xwing Pilot from Beaverton
« on: August 21, 2023, 12:55:36 PM »
Hello! I've been cosplaying as an x-wing pilot for two years now, and I'm only just figuring out there's a group for that haha. I've got the bulk of the costume up to rebel standards, what I'm really having trouble with is finding some decent boots (why, why do women's boots come with so many buckles and add ons!?) -- I think I need to order the code cylinders and flares for the cuff that goes over the boot as well, but otherwise I've got it all, including a black-series red pilot helmet :D I've been wearing it with a rebel mask the last few years, and let me tell you, de-fogger has been my lifesaver... its tough to be a pilot when you cant see where you're going.

I'm hoping to have the basics ready to submit by comicon, given that I basically have the entire costume ready to go sans boots and cylinders. If not, I'll still be there in costume of course!

I'm really excited to make some star wars friends and join the troop. The charity events sound like so much fun! I actually ended up recently trying to join the mandos at first as they were the only group I knew, before realizing, hey, I already have and wear a full x-wing costume... Maybe I should simplify this and try to find some fellow rebels? And they pointed me in the right direction :D thank you kind mandos for my life... :boba: :mando:

Offline CJ49er

Re: Xwing Pilot from Beaverton
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 01:12:36 PM »
Welcome!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Daybreak

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 01:37:03 PM »
Welcome!

Thank you! I'm happy to be here :D

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 04:32:45 PM »
Welcome Ashley, looking forward to meeting you. 
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 04:40:19 PM »
Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place. Come say 'hi" at Rose City!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Sume

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 04:52:53 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline Daybreak

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 12:46:55 PM »
Hi everyone!! :D Thank you for such a warm welcome!

I'll be sure to say hi at rose city even if I don't get my costume approved in time! I wore it to rose city last year, so I'll for sure be doing so this year as well :D

Offline Daybreak

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 02:19:52 PM »
excellent news, i put in an order for my leg flares and code cylinders from wampawear! now it really is just the boots holding me back, and then I'll be able to submit pictures for membership! :D i feel like im going to have to velcro or pin the little leg flare holster in place so it doesnt slip off. i have one, but i went without wearing it last year because it fell so easily. gotta find a work around for that for sure!

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 06:38:58 PM »
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it all fine together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jedi Missy

Tags: