Author Topic: Forum going down a bit today  (Read 330 times)

Offline stevo502

Forum going down a bit today
« on: May 06, 2023, 09:26:40 AM »
Hey all-

Sorry for the late notice, but Dreamhost is requiring an upgrade to our PHP version and they automatically did that last tuesday and it broke things. So I reverted it so we could get through the 4th but now I have a window where I can try to fix the issues and get us upgraded before they start charging for extra support.

So this forum and probably the Admin tools will be up and down today. I'll post back here when things are done and upgrade or when I've given up and reverted again to try another day.

-steve

Offline stevo502

Re: Forum going down a bit today
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 11:15:25 AM »
I'm punting for today, wasn't able to get things working so reverted to keep things going for now. I'll try again on tuesday evening when I have a good block of time.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 04:55:45 PM »
I got some idle time so jumped back into this and was able to find some issues and work my way through them. Things appear to be working now but please let me know if you run into any forum problems or if you're an Admin, any admin page/database problems.

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 05:15:50 PM »
Thanks Steve!!!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline stevo502

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 05:12:21 PM »
My celebration was premature, the update broke Tapatalk. But there's an updated version of that which supposedly supports PHP 8 so I'm going to try that. Mobile access might be iffy for a little bit...

Offline stevo502

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2023, 05:14:59 PM »
Looks like it worked. Posting from the app…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stevo502

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 05:20:48 PM »
Okay, things seem to be working now. Tread lightly and keep your voices low so we don’t upset the php gremlins.,,,

And please let me know if you run into anything broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: