Author Topic: Forest Moon Festival  (Read 441 times)

Offline scen hjord

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Forest Moon Festival
« on: April 07, 2023, 08:04:06 AM »
https://forestmoonfestival.org/index.html

Someone sent this to me and I am totally going to go. 

"To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Star Wars sequel featuring the moon of Endor, filmed locally in Del Norte and Humboldt counties, the Humboldt-Del Norte Film Commission is putting on its inaugural Forest Moon Festival June 2-3.
The date is fast approaching but now that the commission has legal permission to from the Star Wars folks to carry out the festival, the scrappy band of rebels is assembling an alliance of participants and finalizing plans. “We for sure will be screening Return of the Jedi in a handful of places between both counties.” That includes a screening at Sequoia Park, which the film commission has hosted before. “The zoo and city of Eureka are coming up with some great ideas,” she says, including a possible reprisal of the kids' Jedi training course from the May the Fourth celebration last year held in collaboration between the film commission, Sequoia Park Zoo Foundation and City of Eureka. She adds the commission is also talking with the Humboldt Crabs, a skate rink and other organizations and businesses about costume nights, as well as inviting existing events to join in on the theme.
Hesseltine says the HDNFC is also working with four groups of cosplayers for a parade. “It looks like we’ll have everything from rebels to stormtroopers.” She's optimistic about bringing visitors to town, noting the broad appeal of the Star Wars franchise. “It’s giving us something fun to celebrate along with infusing our area with temporary dollars.” That weekend, she notes, is between holidays, when tourism could use a boost and hotels won't be overbooked."

Not all the detail have been posted, but I will pass along as I find out.  I have only trooped once in the last 4 years  I hope I can still fit in my kit. 

Scott aka Scen hjord

Offline jj49

Re: Forest Moon Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 02:09:34 PM »
Hi Scott, I'm also going to be posting this in our out of area events, but I wanted to reply to you here about the Forest Moon Festival as well.

I have been in contact with the XO of Golden Gate Garrison (the garrison in the area of the event). The XO is also one of the Event Coordinators for the festival.

This event is spread across 2 days at 4 different locations, at 4 different times. To keep things simple, Golden Gate Garrison has requested for our (501st/Rebel Legion, etc) attendance to be at one, single location. Once the event follows up regarding the single location and date/time, it will be posted to the Golden Gate Garrison forums. The posting on their forum is where anyone from here wanting to troop the event can sign up. Once it's posted I will  share the information with everyone here on our forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TB-14944

Offline alexcobb202

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 11:37:29 AM »
I will be down there for the Pathfinder’s photo shoot at Cheatham Grove on the Sunday.

Offline jj49

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 12:17:18 PM »
I will be down there for the Pathfinder’s photo shoot at Cheatham Grove on the Sunday.

Alex that is Awesome! Bummer I'll be missing all this. I look forward to all the pics of everyone going.

I also should note for everyone that doesn't know.... the photo shoot is through the Pathfinder's detachment. You'll want to go to the Pathfinder forum to get information on the photo shoot.  It is separate than the Forest Moon Festival through Golden Gate Garrison. 

TB-14944

Offline alexcobb202

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 01:32:31 PM »
Yes, same day as the Portland light parade sadly.

Tags: