Author Topic: New member  (Read 629 times)

Offline Jonathan Thal

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« on: March 22, 2023, 06:26:38 AM »
Just joined and wanting to say Hello, My name is Jonathan but a lot of my online stuff I go by Thal (tall) I am from the Vancouver area in Washington state.
 I have been looking to join for a long time but as it was stated in the new member form "don't wait to submit your application until you’re 100% satisfied with your costume. That day might never arrive." thats true, so I finally submitted a form and wish to learn and make some connections with yall.
 A little bit about me, I live near Vancouver Washington, 35 and have been a Star wars fan since I was a little kid, I remember shooting at storm troopers from down the hall in my home as a kid as storm troopers boarded the Tantive 4, yes Im weird I know. I am also very introverted and married a very extroverted wife who has encouraged me to get out of my comfort zones and do more things I secretly would love to do, I share a lot of the 501st vids from facebook with her and she asks me "well why dont you join them then" time money and costume, if you love something enough you can make the time, money same, costume well Im here to ask for help in that area too.
 The 3 outfits I would like to make are 1, am Imperial bridge officer, a few pieces I already have, 2 and 3 are close to each other so can share some parts, an Imperial Tie pilot and an Inferno squad member.
 So before I ramble on more than I have, I look forward to meeting new people and maybe a few new friends.

Offline Ergamack

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 07:15:59 AM »
I was just approved yesterday, but I still want to welcome  you.

With a TIE Pilot build, you can go for a TIE Reserve Pilot  first (this is what I am currently am doing) while you work on the armor and helmet pieces for the full pilot.

Even before getting approved, you can volunteer as a Spotter and meet some of these amazing people.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:27:52 AM by Ergamack »

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 08:04:44 AM »
Welcome to the forums! 

as mentioned, bridge crew/tie reserve is a great costume to start with.  I have some extra parts/pieces, let me know you flightsuit and shoe size.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 11:00:59 AM »
As said above Bridge Crew is the most versatile option. From it you can easily upgrade to Tie Pilot, Gunner and Trooper. It also comes with the most versatile boot which is shared with a few Rebel costumes.

What pieces of the Officer do you already have? None of these costumes are cheap. Even the most affordable ones end up having a hidden cost. If you've already got approvable pieces for it than the rest of the costume can be easier on your wallet.

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 01:47:51 PM »
Glad to see you join us! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 06:27:29 PM »
Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place. Looking forward to meeting you.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Jonathan Thal

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 06:06:09 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, greatly appreciate it and I look forward to meeting some of you as well.
 Fox I have the hat which I believe is level 2, and the belt buckle, I bought a uniform but it was a waist of $100 cause the uniform is crap and the discs look like the Japanese flower from the Yamato... do not recommend SimCosplay website.
 CJ49er yea I figured a simple costume would be easiest to start, my size is 2x/3x unless you want precise measurement's then I will need to remeasure myself again just let me know and my shoe is men's 12.
 Ergamack and CadBane3 thank youn for the advice and I hope to meet you in real life some time.

Offline 1nfern0

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 09:50:32 AM »
Hey Thal, welcome! I actually have a pair of Jack boots that might fit you if you decide to go the TIE route too.
CC/TK/DZ/ID/TI/TR-44214

IN in progress… TB in progress...

“Close the blast doors! Open the blast doors!”

Tags: