Author Topic: Greetings from Salem, Oregon  (Read 376 times)

Offline Sume

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings from Salem, Oregon
« on: February 20, 2023, 09:16:06 PM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Chris. I usually use the handle Sume for online forums and gamer tag.  So you can feel free to call me that.

I am excited after attending the Portland Fan Expo this weekend February 17 - 19th.  I went Saturday for the Book of Boba Fett panel, photo op and signature with Ming-na Wen.  After seeing someone as Chewbacca and asking if it was okay to get a selfie with Darth Vader. I got really interested in joining.  I have known about the 501 for about 10 years now. Also was like wow when found out the local 501 chapter helped out the Mandorlian show on a few episodes with more stormtroopers.

I want to make a sith acolyte or sith Inquisitor cosplay.  I thought about one of the iedi temple guardians that fell to the dark side of the force. I thought being a more generic sith character is the best place to start.

I been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember.  Some of my earliest memories are of watching Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi way back like 1985 or so.  I mean heck ya.  I was born the same day as Empire Strikes Back was released. To me, I love that.

Thank you and looking forward to joining and participating.  I am still reading through materials and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 11:18:37 PM by Sume »

Offline Beckett

Re: Greetings from Salem, Oregon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:44:40 PM »
Welcome Chris,

My name is Josh….guessing I was the one in the Chewie costume you mentioned at FanExpo. I’m also in Salem. This is an amazing group of helpful folks so I can’t wait to see what you decide on. Not sure if you’ve got Facebook but it’s also a place where Star Wars Oregon has a presence just in case you search around there.

Best regards,

Josh Beckett
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline Sume

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 11:18:05 PM »
I think that was you.  I was waiting in line for the Ming-na Wen autograph.  Lost site of you after Ming-na got a picture as I was like a few people next.  I was excited to meet her also.  I was hoping to get a picture but also didn't want to leave the line.  That's really cool that you are also in Salem.  I think I found both Facebook pages and I made sure to follow.

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 01:54:03 AM »
Thank you for joining us.  The 501st did have members in both OWK and Mando, it was generally the S. California Garrisons that got the calls for logistics and cost. However, trust me...if we ever got that call we would all volunteer lol.
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Tags: