Author Topic: Armor Build Questions  (Read 280 times)

Offline Isabella20B

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Armor Build Questions
« on: October 17, 2022, 05:53:03 PM »
Hello again I have a few more building questions–not specific to my Mando:

1. Does anyone know the best way to attach clothing snaps to pvc?

2. Dents & Scratches: The Costume Reference Library says this about dents & scratches: "“no physical damage” (cuts, dents, etc.) is allowed." –my question is whether or not my armor would be accepted if I created pseudo blaster marks on the armor? Would this fall under the category of "no physical damage"?

3. Do both sides of the pvc armor need to be painted? Or would it be acceptable to leave the side attached to the clothing as unpainted?

Okay that's it for now! 
~Isabella

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Armor Build Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:08:08 PM »
Good questions!

1. For snaps, I've used and seen others use "snap plates". Where you cut out a small rectangle and then attach the snap to that and then glue that onto the armor. It's a bit long but this video gets a general idea across well if you're a visual type of person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7a52Uww0E

2. For your specific costume I'd probably lean towards blaster fire being more "heavy weathering", and would be less inclined to say that'd pass the CRL requirements of "lightly weathered". Now if you have screenshots of a specific Grunt you want to emulate who has those blaster marks let me know!

3. Short answer is no, both sides don't need to be painted. The edges should be and maybe a small amount near the edges on the inside would be preferable. That way if you move/shift there's not a big white piece of plastic showing for a second or two.

Hope that helps!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Isabella20B

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Armor Build Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 11:10:27 AM »
Awesome! Thanks again for all the great info!

Tags: