Author Topic: New Build A ESB Imperial Officer  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New Build A ESB Imperial Officer
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2022, 11:15:34 PM »
Said they'd include a large belt with my order. I thought that size was out of stock too. We'll see if they contact me again about the lack of stock.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2022, 06:07:04 PM »
I think the uniform will be arriving next Thursday.

I got a fishy email from the post office about a package. I say fishy because I have 3 other packages coming next week and this isn't one of them. Didn't click the any links in the email in case scammers faked it. I did enter the tracking number by hand. A package is headed to me from Oak Creek WI. There's a thread on the RPF that mentions Oak Creek as being part of Denou Novo's system.

Will know for sure by next week. I'm a little worried because DN doesn't do returns unless it is a screw-up on their part. Did I order the right size? If everything is correct I'll be getting the jacket, trousers, hat and belt.  Only I still need to get are the tiny metal bits.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2022, 08:36:17 PM »
Update,

An hour and a half later I got an email from DN confirming what I thought. That shipment is from them, but...

It is just the jacket. Other items are listed as preparing to ship. Maybe days or weeks from now?

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2022, 09:09:43 AM »
Here's the listed package weight for my single officer's jacket.

43.60 LBS

That can't be right?

I'll know by Thursday if they sent me one jacket or all their jackets.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2022, 11:26:58 PM »
Quick Phone pic. Cropped cause the bathroom mirror could be cleaner.

Ordered an X-Large. Might have been able to get away with a large. It is a roomy fit. Don't have the pants but the length of the torso and arms look right.  Need more time to study the color.  I was a tad worry about the quality. How long will this thing last before normal wear and tear take its toll. This thing is heavy, and material is thick. It does look and feel worth its price.

The downside. There's no inner-collar flap. Looks like that's a requirement for level 1. How can an official Disney/Lucas high-end product not qualify for level 1? I'm even 90% sure there's a scene with Admiral Piett and he's missing the flap. Once the collar is closed you can't even tell it is there or not. I read that this flap is option for the Officer (Non-Saga). That would mean I have to get silver code cylinders instead of brass. New Star Wars wasn't the look I was going for.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2022, 10:42:01 AM »
And the replacement belt appears to be out of stock.

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »
Wow - seems like Denuo Novos is really putting you through the wringer.

What’s the plan going forward?
ID/DZ/SL-46602

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2022, 12:18:47 AM »
I'm waiting to get clarification on the belt. It was a free item as part of a promo deal. If they can't deliver a proper size belt, I'm going to ask money back. I think they have to honor a promotion in a way that makes sense. Mistakes happen I want to see how they fix it.

I suspect the website dept is in one city, customer service in another city and the warehouse is in another city. Because it seems like information isn't getting to the right department in time. I'm not complaining about how I've been treated. They are very pleasant. In my opinion they need to close their site for a day for "upgrade" while they do a proper inventory at the warehouse and update all their computers. In my opinion any errors are likely a warehouse issue. They are fulfilling orders before they are ready and not keeping track who ordered what. 

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
Update,

Customer Service email back saying it is out of the stock, and we can't refund you because it was a free item.

My reply. The free item was part of a promotional offer to get customers to make a purchase. I made a purchase that qualified. They should honor their promotions. Can't give me money than give me suitable replacement item of equal value.  Waiting now for that respond. I also have contact with one of their PR people if CS reps can't help.

Another sale is going on right now. I could buy the same stuff already in my order again and have that deal offered but can't get my original deal? This kind of stuff is common when buying direct from manufactures. They don't under how direct to consumer retail works. Their mindset is business to business. Where you send invoices to each other and take months to pay your suppliers.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2022, 01:55:20 PM »
I decided to send a message to their PR before getting a response from CS. For all I know they are the same people. Last company I had a similar issue with Hasbro Pulse I was getting nowhere with CS but once I connected with their PR things got moving. I want to get ahead of the game.

Best case scenario. They honor the deal with a plus. As I think not honoring a deal counts borders on something shady. That CS rep should have offered a solution in that reply. Don't leave it up to the customer to do your job. I swear I will sing their praises and threatem anyone who bad mouths them if they go beyond the bare minimum.

What I think will happen is the bare minimum.

Worst case scenario. They don't honor it and they're also out of stock of other stuff I ordered.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2022, 02:03:23 PM »
Update the PR rep replied before the CS rep did and this PR rep is going to talk with a higher up. I don't know if anything will come from this. I swear I'm not a Karen. I don't go around demanding free stuff. I do have a little knowledge of PR and the legality of business.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2022, 12:57:45 PM »
Update.

Not on the whole out of stock belt situation but the rest of the uniform. The pants are being shipped. I hope they fit.

Now what about the hat? It hasn't shipped yet. It was in stock this entire time. Could have shipped it months ago. Could have shipped it last week with the tunic. Could have shipped it this week with the pants. I can find a belt at multiple vendors the hat however needs color and fabric needs to match the rest of the uniform.

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2022, 01:21:54 PM »
Friends don’t let friends buy from Anovos….
ID/DZ/SL-46602

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2022, 03:21:35 PM »
Ha!

Technically Anovos was bought by Rubies and are a new company. No different than finding local Pizza Parlor has a new name, new owner. The pies taste the same, the staff are the same. Maybe they have Pepsi products instead of coke. The new owner that Pizza Parlor needs to quickly learn what worked, what didn't and fix it before they repeat the same mistakes. Rubies needs to step up and fix the reputation of business that they bought.

You do that by cleaning house and actually thriving for excellence in customer service by spending money. Many companies are sadly cheap. Here's hoping I get my hat soon and I hear something about them honoring that promotion.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2022, 08:47:02 PM »
Good news?

I got another shipping notice from UPS.  My DN order page hasn't been updated but this shipment is from the same outgoing location and is the weight is light enough to be a hat. ETA next Friday. Meaning I'll have the hat, tunic and trousers. Then it is a matter of finding a belt and last metal bits.

You better believe I'm going to hound them to honor that promotional deal make it right.

Tags: