Author Topic: New Build A ESB Imperial Officer  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New Build A ESB Imperial Officer
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 08:16:52 AM »
The Seller says they'll ship to the USA. Gave them my address and now wait for a quote before I buy. Very possible to get these for a reasonable price.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 09:27:35 AM »
Still waiting on that shipping quote. I think these will really work. Another pair popped up from another UK seller who has US shipping as option from the start. These ones are more like my actual size. Could try them if the 1st seller doesn't get back to me. My preference is to order a size up. I've wore snug shoes before, but the idea is for this costume to be my more comfortable option.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 08:02:59 AM »
Not sure if seller is leading me on or they're very laid back in jolly old England. Decided to encourage them by sharing the max I'm looking to pay with shipping. About 180% asking price. This is still less than Hessen (who is still out of stock) and much much less than other options I've seen.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »
2 to 3 days later and no word back from seller.

Asked if they'd ship to the US. Said they would. Keep saying haven't had a chance to visit PO. In my last message I hinted how much I'd pay with shipping. My offer is enough to cover what they're asking, shipping fees and enough left over to buy them a nice dinner.

Pretty sure I'm being ghosted.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2022, 08:55:11 AM »
The seller is still alive. Gave me a shipping quote and asked if I need insurance. Deal is not done yet until I get the go ahead. Uniform ETA been bumped from 3rd quarter to this 4th quarter. Sometime between October and December.  Maybe will have the complete look by New Years.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 10:33:06 AM »
Still waiting on that go ahead.

On the plus side. I just watched DN booth tour video from NYCC. In it the brand manager mentions that uniform will be arriving to them from the factory later this month. Meaning very good chance it will be in my hands by November. Really need that seller to come through or Hessen to restock.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2022, 04:25:20 PM »
The drama continues.

Been dealing with this seller for a full quote on these boots for nearly a month. Because of International times zones I don't expect quick replies. Every reply takes a few days and only provides bits of information at a time. Here's the shipping costs for the boots. Do you want me to find out the cost for insurance? That's something they should have found out when researching the cost to ship. Pretty sure that I expressed my intentions to honor this exchange. I just can't get them to pick up the pace.

How long do I keep this going before I give them an ultimatum? There's no harm as long as Hessen is out of stock. Getting tempted to try the made to order custom jobs.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »
Def a bummer when dealing with less than helpful sellers. Sorry you have to go through this headache with them.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2022, 11:01:08 PM »
Was doing my daily search for boots. Reviewed Magnoli (again). At $300 it's at my max and that's before shipping. I assume shipping would be what Imperial Boots charges. $365 total for Imperial Boots. Created an account just to see cost to ship. Around $15 to $30. Better than Imperial Boots but still over budget. Played the Google coupon code game - nada. Saw they have an Ebay store. If I haven't shopped at a store before I prefer to use Ebay or Amazon as a middleman. Wanted to play around with eBay coupon codes. They tweaked the buy it now system. I remember them showing a grand total before committing. It looked like accidently bought them! Double checked they are just in my cart, and I can still back out. None of coupon codes worked. Visited my second PayPal account had a balance of $40+ dollars. Visited IOC forums. It seems many have reached got level 2 and 3 with Magnoli. The pair in my eBay cart was size 12.5 US. Made a trip to my shoe closet. 3 pairs of dress shoes sizes 11, 11 and 12. The 11's fit just right and 12 is more than a little loose. A size 12.5 riding boot, even if their sizing runs small it should still work.

That other pair of boots I've trying to get a full quote on eBay for nearly a month was $220 shipped without insurance. These were the real deal. Not a re-creation. but this Seller is in no rush to close the sale. Maybe they'll message me Monday with a total. Then I'll say deal! Click buy it now and then message them update to the listing to included update shipping. Wait a few days and remind them again. Now these Magnoli boots seem like a solid choice. Over budget but if I minus my PayPal balance these Magnoli boots cost under $300. I also saved money on those designer gloves I bought because they were on clearance. See where my logic is heading? I've never paid $300 for shoes before but if I look at the cost for the total costume, I can apply the rule of I've paid less for one item I can justify paying more on another.

ETA for Magnoli by November 1st.

Now I think it is time to see what stuff I got to sale on eBay.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 07:22:37 AM »
That eBay seller finally got back to me! With a grand total of 200 GBP or 224 USD with today's current exchange rate. I don't believe this. Too late to cancel from Magnoli. I could try but that's going to moof milk them off asked them to return my money. Risk is the chap of England could fall through. I don't need 2 pairs but it is still a good price. In case anyone is interested. I'll be willingly to bite the bullet and resell them at cost.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125466861367?hash=item1d36685f37:g:bDEAAOSw5dBi-7ID

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2022, 05:41:43 PM »
ETA for Magnoli Monday.

Hope porch pirates don't find it and they fit.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2022, 11:17:25 PM »
Got them a day late.

I don't see any defects. Seems they were put together well and look good. Only legitimate complaint is the insoles are too small like they didn't have the correct size and stuck small ones inside. These cost $100 more than the other boots I was going after. The outside looks good. The insides could have been better. Considering how uncommon this type of boots are I think they're worth the price. I'd order from this company again.

One thing that I need to stress is these boots are huge. I ordered a 12.5 as a size 11 dress shoe is snug fit. I heard this type of boot can be a tight fit. Not these ones made by Magnoli. I could store my phone, wallet in these things.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2022, 06:14:22 PM »
Now I see Hessen got my size in stock.

RS Prop Masters is having their Black Friday a month early. 20% discount. I'm looking at stuff and keep thinking if only I didn't spend an extra $100 on boots.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2022, 11:16:18 PM »
DN says the jacket is in stock.

Asked what about the pants? They said those are due by the end of the month.
With shipping time I'll get them mid-December?

After I get them might have to replace some greebles. Complete outfit by the new year?

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2022, 11:19:53 PM »
Got an email from DN.

Is it a shipping notice?

Nope it is notice that the belt I ordered months ago is out of stock. Would I like them to remove it from my order or do I want another size?

I went with DN over WW for 2 reasons. First DN field grey looks more EBS-like to me. While WW looked more AHN in color. Second DN had a promo deal free shipping and free belt. I should use large, but it wasn't in stock when I placed my order so, I went with an x-large. Had this order in for a few months now. Prepaid for everything and they gave my belt away to somebody else?

I'm average weight for my build. Not going to drop 30 pounds to use a medium belt. If it is removed from my order do I get discount in exchange? They have to honor the promo in a reasonable manner. Before anyone says that Anovos for you. This operation is under new management. No company has 100% record for not screwing up an order. I judge a company not by how mistake free their operation is but by how well they fix their mistakes. Do you have to twist their arm to do anything. Do they just do the bare minimum or do they re-cook your steak and give you a complimentary piece of pie.

Tags: