Author Topic: Mikes Season 2 Pre Vizsla(3 years in the making...)  (Read 386 times)

Offline nukem25rs

Mikes Season 2 Pre Vizsla(3 years in the making...)
« on: June 10, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
Figured I'd post up some progress on Pre Vizsla..  Have almost all the armor plates painted except the backplate. Flight suit is Dyed to a grey green.. Just need to get my Flak vest sewn together(for about the 3rd try) add the blue striping to the suit and make the cape..  I have a Ripper Blades Darksaber on the way.. eventually.. at some point... some day ....somehow... it will arrive...
the goal is this-

progress-

Flight suit after green dye

armor

All the rest of the parts and the bondo'd parts have been sanded and are in various stages of paint.. thanks PNW and the random rain and wind thats been slowing down my paint progress since i dont have a paint booth anymore..
my paint technique on the dark metallic parts has been 3 coats of primer.. 3 coats of aluminum metallic..wet sand the aluminum so the dark metallic or the cyan blue will stick.. takes about 2 weeks each set of parts just so i know they are well cured and wont wrinkle.. ill be sanding back edges to give that rubbed paint over metal effect and then also air brushing on black for weathering prior to clear coating with Matte clear

Westars

Jetpack(lower nozzles have since been attached..

Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline CadBane3

Re: Mikes Season 2 Pre Vizsla(3 years in the making...)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 03:31:52 PM »
Woohoo! Excited to see more progress on this!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 02:48:54 PM »
I think I finally got the flak vest done.. Pre Vizsla has a shorter more jango style flak jacket that sits above the belt.. since the back is hidden by the back plate and the jetpack i decided to go with a velco seam down the middle of the back.. i made the velcro flap extra wide so that i can grow a little if needed :P
I got a quick picture of the front.. 3 versions later and i think i have something to work with..

Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
ARC Trooper Havoc

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 03:49:32 PM »
Got a bit more progress done and realized I haven't updated in a bit.. Flak vest is done.. just need to figure out how to attach plates.. got a new Dark Saber!! got the detail paint all done and sanded back.. all the armor is weathered and matte clear coated(I realized I didn't have a pic of all that until after I started the post!! )

Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
ARC Trooper Havoc

Tags: