Author Topic: Dax Corrin's "General Veers" build  (Read 895 times)

Offline Dax Corrin

Dax Corrin's "General Veers" build
« on: March 04, 2022, 12:22:35 PM »
 After purchasing the IB olive drab uniform from Nick's dad, and getting correct rank bar and approval, I've been thinking about an AT-AT commander to make it even sexier, and it's an age-appropriate face character for me.  Today, I pulled the trigger on the helmet/armor plus all the nice upgrades for possible Spearhead level approval.

He has almost everything ready to go, so I should get it early next week. 
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Blackthorpe

Re: Dax Corrin's "General Veers" build
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 04:56:01 PM »
Nice! Can't wait to see this one come together!
Screaming Porgs CO, Old Rex, Jedi Knight
TI 87711

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 01:10:44 PM »
Armored Cavalry division has "Fire Teams" if we have a minimum of 3 between AT-AT/AT-ST drivers and commanders. We might have enough for a fire team already between all the drivers. Need to check in on that.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 12:03:19 PM »
The PilotBay helmet and armor kit has arrived. Been perusing the build threads on the ACD boards. My biggest challenge IMO will be finding the correct shade of paint to match the IB olive grey. The correct Krylon color was discontinued some time ago, sadly. Tamiya TS-70 is supposed to be close, but no one near me has any so I can't get one can to test without having to pay shipping twice if its right or wrong and I need to try again...

Offline jauntyharrison

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »
Responding to your other thread, my helmet and armor is from Intergalactic Supply and is painted with Tamiya TS-78. My tunic is from Mazcave, and from what I've seen the wampawears are a cooler tone than mine, probably a closer match to the paint color I've got. I do have a spare can in case of repairs, though it would probably be simpler to just bring my armor and your tunic into the same room and see how they look.

Nellie - ACD/IGC/IOC/JRS - 12086

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 01:28:52 PM »
Looks darn good though. Mine is the Imperial Boots and it's a lighter tone. Pay no attention to the incorrect rank bar or how wrinkled it was, this shows the color the best in the better lighting. Someone suggests Tamiya TS-70.  I'll look for something close for the inside paint (It's a black plastic pull) and save the more expensive stuff for the parts that really show. Need to source the mic boom and tip as it's not part of the kit, and get the belt leather and get some velcro sewn onto it. 

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 03:46:53 PM »
I went to Homie Depot and the Rust-Oleum Painter's touch 2X ultra-cover Moss green satin looks to be a very close match to the Imperial Boots uniform color. Close enough for the inside, mostly non-showing portions of the armor, backs of chest, back armor and belt armor. Also picked up the hooks to make the helmet hook greebs out of, and figured out how to turn my old Aker mic (with the wire that's about to break off but still works at this point) into the mic set for the helmet with a few bits from our local Lego store to make the proper shaped mic tip.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a pic of the color swatch that will allow me to "IMGUR" it and post here.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 06:58:31 PM »
I went to Home Depot and got a second lighter shade of green satin, and it's too light. I painted a couple paper plates with the 2 candidates and I'll post them to the ACD forums next to my hat. I think slightly darker is better than too light. I got the swoop clamped down and 2/3 of it glued down. Once the E-6000 sets, about 36 hours as it's colder in the garage than the house, I'll gently peel back the unglued 1/3 to add in the E-6000 and re-clamp. The addition of the hooks after trimming the dome lip went with no issue, and it had to be done before the swoop and dome were attached. I got the wrong 30lb size instead of the 50 lb size first. Once all the glue sets, the first obligatory helmet in progress shot will be posted!

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 07:32:54 AM »
I used Krylon Colormaxx Satin Italian Olive on my AT-ST helmet, it was an ACD recommendation.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Krylon-COLORmaxx-Satin-Italian-Olive-Spray-Paint-and-Primer-In-One-NET-WT-12-oz/1000459565

I plan to also use it on my future AT-AT Commander.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 01:43:07 PM »
I used Krylon Colormaxx Satin Italian Olive on my AT-ST helmet, it was an ACD recommendation.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Krylon-COLORmaxx-Satin-Italian-Olive-Spray-Paint-and-Primer-In-One-NET-WT-12-oz/1000459565

Who is the maker of your uniform? Imperial Boots I just found a Tamiya color I like today that seems pretty close.

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 04:05:11 PM »

Who is the maker of your uniform? Imperial Boots I just found a Tamiya color I like today that seems pretty close.

I think it’s cosplaysky, but not sure. I bought it from another member.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 08:35:02 AM »

I think it’s cosplaysky, but not sure. I bought it from another member.
Each vendor and even runs of fabric from the same vendor can have color differences. I am going to pick up a can of the Krylon and do a test swatch of it as well. More to come.

Tags: