Author Topic: Luke's Din Djarin S1 Beskar Build  (Read 1153 times)

Online Lidocaine

Luke's Din Djarin S1 Beskar Build
« on: January 20, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
Alright, I keep talking about this build I guess I can share some of the progress so far. I keep finding new parts to replace the original stuff I had so some of these are my second or higher version of... Here's what I've currently decided on using for my S1 Beskar build, and hopefully not too much changes in the near future! Pics to follow in additional posts.

Helmet: Resin cast from Branfuhr Studios. Painted with Alumaluster.

Armor: Fiberglass cast from Branfuhr Studios. Painted with Alumaluster and Montana gold paint.

Flight Suit: Two piece suit from Magnoli Clothiers. Still waiting on this and it's been 9 months...

Gloves: Currently going with Endor Finders.
Leather: Cosmic Workshop out of the UK, fantastic work but I'm not sure if she's doing any more runs.

Metal Pieces: JJ Industries also out of the UK, Luke is awesome and his metal parts are some of the best I've seen for costuming.

Boots: I have the basic boots from Crow Props, currently debating if I want to snag the Sketchers and get the covers for them. Probably will...

Pistol: Went nuts and got the full aluminum blaster from War Machine Thanks to Cory J for the really nice paint!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Online Lidocaine

Re: Luke's Din Djarin S1 Beskar Build
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »
First off, the shiny stuff. Alumaluster looks so nice, really digging the screen accurate look it provides!

I'm going to try out Velcro on the flight suit/vest and on the armor initially and see how it holds. Leaning towards an additional snap system to ensure that armor won't fall off even if the velcro fails. Chest plate has soft fabric on the overlap between it and the ab section.

Helmet:

Chest:

Shoulders:

Gauntlets:

Right Thigh:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 03:33:44 PM by Lidocaine »
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 09:14:35 AM »
HOLY CRAP!!!! This looks amazing so far Luke!!!! I will be following this with great interest!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Lidocaine

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 09:21:45 AM »
Next up, the leather work. As I mentioned before, I commissioned Cosmic Workshop to do all of my leatherwork on advice of JJ Industries and it turned out really nice. A lot of makers are going with a more sturdy leather that doesn't quite match what we see on the screen.

Unfortunately, and what I'm blaming on COVID lock down is that I've gained back some weight since I ordered so it's a tight fit. Motivation to get back on the pain train I guess!

The other big fingers crossed moment was if my blaster would fit the holster correctly. I had sent over measurements but you never know, but thankfully it fits perfectly! The extra heft of the aluminum blaster drags the belt down just a little bit just like the screen refs show too. I'm stoked.

After seeing this picture on Pedro's Instagram, I wanted to mock up a shot that's similar to it, minus the knee of course.

[My lower leg setup pic placeholder]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 07:22:39 PM by Lidocaine »
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Online Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »
Weapons are part of a Mandos religion, right?

Blaster:
We'll call this a *ahem* purchase greatly assisted by a tall glass of scotch, but I love it. The aluminum blaster by War Machine is now my favorite blaster I own. Even beating out the EE-3. I tried to blue with aluminum bluing, but after the first day or so it just rubbed off and look awful. Luckily Cory J saved my butt and put a nice black GunKote on it. Thanks again! A little bit more weathering and it's gonna be awesome.

Rifle:
I've 3D printed 2 or 3 versions so far, and nothing has felt like it'd survive walking around too much. I think the rifle is around 56" and just feels like a 3D print is going to get broken quickly. Probably going to forgo this for now, and if there's a decent fiberglass kit I might jump on that. TBD.

Vibro-Boot Knife:
Cast in hard rubber, I'll add a small sheath on the interior of the right shin armor. I may pick up JSC Props version if they do another run as it's a little bit nicer looking. Just depends on how well the knife stays in the armor when walking around a bunch, if it falls out constantly I may just forgo it.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »
Could do jewelry pins and clutch backs for the armor, like I did with my Fett. Easy to move around with no damage to the under suit. Tons of troops and never lost a piece.

Excited to see this come along!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Online Lidocaine

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 12:35:08 PM »
Could do jewelry pins and clutch backs for the armor, like I did with my Fett. Easy to move around with no damage to the under suit. Tons of troops and never lost a piece.

Yes! I knew there was something like that, that should be a lot better than snaps, thanks!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Online Lidocaine

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 07:21:53 PM »
The soft goods:

Gloves:
EndorFinders gloves. Fit really nicely and comfortable too. Been wearing their gloves for my Shoretrooper and FOTK so was a natural choice. Handguards velcro to the tops of the gloves.

Boots:
Boots from Crow Props. They're surprisingly comfortable! I'm toying with the idea of going for Level 2 approval, so I may swap these out for the Sketchers used in the show with leather covers.

Leather Apron:
Embossed apron that I had someone make for me.

Cape:
Boiled Wool Cape with Velcro sewn into the ends to attach to the vest.

Flight Suit/Vest/Cummerbund:
Supposedly shipping this week! Once that's here, getting Velcro on and then using Michael's idea to attach armor and I'll be close!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »

Yes! I knew there was something like that, that should be a lot better than snaps, thanks!

I think I have a bunch extra. I'll dig them up so you can check them out.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Online Lidocaine

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 06:52:09 PM »
MandoPuter installed. May need to replace the screen, but it's working now!

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Online Lidocaine

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 05:02:57 PM »
It's been.. a bit.

Got the right leg mostly done just need to weather the metal and leather and it's ready to go.

Still waiting on final fixes to the flight suit but those should be here next week. Then it's operation lose weight so the dang belt fits.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Tags: