Author Topic: Hello from the South Coast OR  (Read 1057 times)

Offline thevsonata

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from the South Coast OR
« on: September 29, 2020, 06:55:50 AM »
Hi all, fledgling armor manufacturer here.  Figured since I was going to be working on an actual costume now, I'd start reaching out and connecting with others that I might be able to get the occasional help on.
I'm from the South Oregon Coast, Coos area, and got a 3d Printer here a while back.  Its frustrating as all hell but when it works, it works!
Not great with words so early in the morning, so I'll just post some pictures of things I've printed.  They're all RAW prints, no post processing done, so yes, there are lines and such, nothing some bondo and paint cant fix.

https://imgur.com/a/YKTD6uI

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Hello from the South Coast OR
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 05:02:58 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 06:49:18 PM »
Welcome Justin!

There's a number of us with 3d printers as well, so we can feel your pain, and excitement! Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the 501st and Cloud City and we'll do our best to help!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline thevsonata

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 11:21:31 AM »
Well I was hoping there was some more from this area.  Friends of mine are also working on their own path towards joining, though I think one wants to do Cara Dune, and the other a TK.  Someone with experience to help with the rigging of costumes to something they can hang off of is what I'm curious about the most right now.  Been watching lots of armor up vids figuring out the location snaps and crease hiding materials are being employed.  I think I might go for a Patrol Trooper set myself, but since I have a printer, I got many many options.  Right now I have a good chunk of some Jedi Commander armor printed, but I'm not picky, and I hope there isn't some taboo about having different sets from different sides.  The Empire is always going to be my primary love =3

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 05:09:58 PM »
Welcome, Justin!

You will find many helpful people around here, with costumes, assembly, printing....we have all suffered through and enjoyed these things :) 

Good luck with your builds, and most importantly, have fun!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline alexcobb202

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »
Welcome Justin. I live in Southern Oregon too. The Grants Pass/ Medford area has about half a dozen Troopers/Mandos and did pre covid armor parties.
I also 3D print. Currently working on an R2 D2. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline thevsonata

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 07:43:58 PM »
Hah I figured there'd be more along the I-5 than the 101.  Another project I'll be doing (I have too many and only 1 printer...) is a Mando build, but I dont want to be just another Din.  I know at one point there was a sort of armor coloring guide where colors on armor were meant to be a certain thing (I think this was a Republic Commando books thing) and would love to do a post-66 Fi build.  I dont remember who's armor he took as his own, I'd have to go read it again, but I really am interested in doing my own color schemes off the current Mando armor style.

Tags: