Author Topic: Palpatine for Portland  (Read 790 times)

Offline codo114

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Palpatine for Portland
« on: March 14, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »
Hello all! Ever since I was a small child, I’ve either been terrified or mesmerized by The Emperor in Return of the Jedi, fast forward 20 something years later and I find this group of people who literally dress up as characters to place the same feelings on people in public that I had, and I felt inspired!

Which brings me here, I would feel so great if I were to appear in public, meet and entertain the children, among the other duties this group provides as The Emperor.

While I have a few options for the actual costume itself, makeup is where I lack the experience and skill. Is there anyone out there who is more talented in that department who can help me achieve that Return of the Jedi look?

I looked into it, and those totally awesome silicone masks are great, but I can’t shell out the $500+ that the mask makers ask for it, so makeup effects is what I can be comfortable learning.

Any help would be appreciated, and I can’t wait to start and complete the process of joining you guys and making new friends!

P.S... Has anybody considered dressing as Jabba the Hutt?? Figured that would be the ultimate cosplay! :)
Your Faith in your Friends is Yours

Offline daryldoak

Re: Palpatine for Portland
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 08:11:13 PM »
Hello, and welcome.

We do have a couple of Emperors in our garrison, they both use masks.  Hopefully they will chime in.

Here is a link to the CRL where you will find the requirements for the costume:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_palpatine_emperor

And here is a link to the Sith Lord Detachment forum, which is where you will find the experts on the Emperor costume.  I highly recommend joining the forum and asking questions:

http://forum.501stsithlords.com/

Good luck, and keep us updated on your progress.

TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Vaughn

Re: Palpatine for Portland
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 10:10:14 PM »
Yeah unfortunately to do a Palpatine costume to 501st approval, it can get spendy (mask, robes, cane, hand paint). The mask/prosthetic has to be of high quality that allows you to articulate and move your mouth and emote.

I do the approvals for the Sith Lord Detachment, please reach out to me if you have questions before purchasing pieces, I can help save you some money and heartache!

In the meantime I’ll keep an eye out for other members selling pieces or whole costume for you.
ID/DZ/SL-46602

Tags: