Author Topic: Possible forum and website downtime  (Read 2019 times)

Offline stevo502

Possible forum and website downtime
« on: November 05, 2019, 10:22:15 AM »
Hello everyone-

We're going to be going through a PHP upgrade this month, and as a result could experience some downtime and/or glitches in our websites and forum. The exact dates aren't known yet but we'll try to give plenty of notice, especially if it happens around events.

Watch this space for updates!

Thanks,
your web support team

Offline stevo502

Re: Possible forum and website downtime
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »
First thing tomorrow (tuesday 11/19) morning, I'm going to apply some updates to the forum to get us up to the current version. Shouldn't be any downtime. This is required before the PHP upgrades happen.

starwarsoregon.com has already been upgraded so please let me know if you see any issues on those specific pages. kashyyykbase.com has had the php files upgraded, but not the php version yet. I will probably do that this week as well.

cloudcitygarrison.com will be the big one, since it has our forum and all of our admin pages. Probably going to aim for this weekend so I'm available to troubleshoot and fix any issues that might come up.

Thanks!

Offline stevo502

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 07:48:47 AM »
The forum upgrades are complete, please let me know if you see any issues here.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 06:57:16 AM »
Tomorrow (Saturday the 23rd) is the planned day for the big PHP upgrade. The forum software is updated and should be fine, the code changes for the tour of duty and admin pages that have been updated are ready to push out and test. So tomorrow morning sometime I'll be doing that. Hopefully everything will go smooth and nobody will notice, but I'm picking this weekend because there aren't any events scheduled so if there IS downtime it shouldn't have a big impact on any troops.

I'll post again when it's all over.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 08:35:49 AM »
It's happening now (830am) so if you're admin and notice some problems with the admin pages, please be patient. I'll post up again when I think everything is working but it will NOT be working for at least a little while.

Thanks
steve

Offline stevo502

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
Had to fall back and punt. Will try again hopefully tomorrow. Please let me know if anything isn't working.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 01:20:44 PM »
Had to fall back and punt. Will try again hopefully tomorrow. Please let me know if anything isn't working.

Never mind, had an idea and it looks like it worked. Will hold off on doing the PHP upgrade until tomorrow though.

Admins - PLEASE let me know if any of the admin pages don't work!

Thanks,
steve

Offline stevo502

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 09:58:31 AM »
Okay, all the updates have been completed. Hopefully nobody runs into any issues but please let me know if you do.

Feel free to email me - sjsquire@gmail.com if you run into any problems on any of our SWO websites.

Many thanks to Joshua, Mindie, and Judy for the advice, encouragement, and testing! Also thank you to all the admins who helped with the testing as well!

Thanks!
steve

Offline Obi Jon

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 08:47:52 PM »
Hey thanks for everyone's efforts, it's greatly appreciated ????
(TI-97303) "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains, and is, immortal." - Albert Pine

Tags: