Author Topic: Tue 3/19 - Clones + Extras Needed - Film Shoot at the Tillamook Hangars  (Read 1242 times)

Offline RedtailMediaProductions

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello there, I'm Matt Hoecker, a media producer from the Eugene area and for the last year and half we have been working on a Star Wars short film about a father dealing with the grief of losing his son at the hands of Anakin/Darth Vader during order 66.

We have rented out the Tillamook Air Museum Blimp Hangar in Tillamook on Tuesday, February 26th for the final major shoot of our film. We're striving to create a fan film that is of the utmost quality with a deep, engaging story and that does things you've never seen in a fan film before. We have worked with individual members of the Cloud City Garrison for the first 2/3 of shooting for scenes that take place a couple years after Order 66 and the rise of the Empire.  Here are a few stills from the film so far.  Further down there are a few videos.

I sent this email to the events email, and was directed by Judy to post it here!

The first scene in the movie, and the one that we're filming in Tillamook on the 19th, takes place before Order 66.  In order to firmly establish the time period for the first part of the film, I would love to have clone troopers, including a clone command officer of some kind (if possible), in this scene. Ultimately, even one clone trooper would be extremely helpful (we would like at least one, front and center in the battle briefing if possible, and we can use filming techniques to make one look like more, for a couple shots, but ideally 2-5, or even more if more wanted.  Basically, we'll take as many as we can get!

The clone trooper roles are fairly small. They are mainly seen preparing for battle, and a couple brief battle shots.  The total time I would need you would be probably about 2 hours.

We do realize that this is a specific need, fairly short notice, and on a weekday. If no one would be available, we do understand, but I wanted to throw it out there as an opportunity to don the armor for a film, as well as for us to add a strong period setting element to the movie.

I will gladly pay for gas for people to come from Portland or Astoria or anywhere reasonably near by, or if anyone is in the Eugene or Salem area, we are carpooling up to Tillamook on the morning of the 26th.  Or maybe you're on the

Furthermore, I do need production assistants to help set up on Monday, March 18th, and lots of extras for the late morning and early afternoon on the 19th and so anyone wanted to just help, in general, I would be more than grateful.

This is already longer than I intended, so if you have any questions, would like to know more about me, our project, or anything else, I would love to talk with you about it.

If you have any questions or want more information please email me at redtailmediaproductions@gmail.com or just reply to this post!

Also, we have created a google form here where you can let me know about your costume or skills if you're wanting to be a part of this movie.

This is an invitation video we made a little over a month ago.  The date is now set, but the rest of it also gives a good rundown of what we're filming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBY5c5MBYVk

Here is an early sneak peak of a practical test for the Yoda model and his hut that we created for the film (it's far from where we want it, but just to give you an idea of some of the things we're trying to do.)
https://youtu.be/Qd6HS5i6OKA

Thank you for your time reading this and please let me know if you're interested.  Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Matthew Hoecker
Executive Producer
Redtail Media
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:12:16 AM by RedtailMediaProductions »

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I've gotten a few responses, so thank you!  To get a feel for the pacing of this scene for our actors, I recorded all of the voices just to get a feel for the tone, but you should get an idea of what the scene is all about, if you want to listen and let me know what you think.

Audio (Kind of like a radio production) of the scene.
Radio Play Type Production

And it would help if you follow along with the script for this scene which I have placed here:
Aerial Battle Script

Thanks for taking the time to read and listen!  Unfortunately no Clone Troopers have let me know that they're able as of yet.  We can make do with our "Republic Armed Forces" but I'd still love to have Clone troopers, if anyone is able and willing!  Just let me know!

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just a heads up, we've decided to postpone shooting due to the inclement weather expected over the next couple days.  Driving a 15 passenger van, rear wheel drive, full of people, pulling a full trailer, over snowy/icy winding coastal roads... it sounds like a bad news story waiting to happen.  We're tentatively looking at March 19th now for a new shooting date, but I'll keep you posted.  Any more clone troopers, we'd still love to have you!

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
If anyone is interested that hasn't contacted me, we're now shooting this Tuesday, March 19th starting at 9am!  Just shoot me an email at redtailmediaproductions@gmail.com or respond here if you'd like more details!

Tags: