Author Topic: Rat's DLT-19 hybrid build  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Rat's DLT-19 hybrid build
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:44:55 PM »
So in keeping with doing things I'm not familiar with, questionable skills, ability, resources and limited tools I've decided to give this a go. Didn't think to get pictures at the start, but hey it was just cutting templates from happy trooper. Though I noticed it was a good base for a starting point. So in using those templates and following some of atsyntax's build over on FISD I might have a shot of pulling this off. Thanks to Daryl for some measurements, cadbane (Michael) for some bits of pipe and Cory Janssen for further input on barrel stuff and general info.
Well with that said let's start with some rough and basic stuff.
1-3 - Measurements on the basic template plans pictures.
4-8 - Laying out the grips cut from some of my scrap abs from my TK kit along with some foam core to build the raised area and a stack of repurposed rubber washers. Yes I know it's too tall, I fixed that by removing one of them.
9 - Some cardboard tube for my charging handle

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:46:51 PM by Rat »

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Rat's DLT-19 hybrid build
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 11:51:48 PM »
The butt stock is going to be one of my challenges. Here I've already cut and glued it together using three layers of 3/4" plywood. I've marked out where I will need to sand for a more proper shape. Need to get some sanding belts this week for the belt sander. Also I've decided to try to incorporate a metal trigger guard as I didn't like the wood look of the original plans.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »
Some updates barrel tip and extension are together. Wood parts are mostly completed, a bit more sanding I think. Finally outer barrel parts are cut and ready for drilling.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 01:50:16 AM »
Some small updates on this one. Cleaned up the butt a little more and glued the extension in. I was also able to clear some thing up with shaping and measurements so maybe this weekend I can do some more work on the receiver. Plus I need to get to work on that E-11 I got in the corner. Also just in case nobody knew I love random packing material. I may have also stumbled upon materials for my T-track.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 06:22:11 PM »
Working on some minor updates here. So after getting some measurements from Daryl and Andy (Tig70) over on the FISD forums I have decided to get started on the receiver section and cutting, sanding and rasping some cuts and angles. So far it seems to be going well. Have I mentioned I'm not much of a wood worker and using questionable skills? So overall I'm happy with the angles So far. Then I got to the left front and started sanding finished and was quite happy with the result. Yeah then I realized that this section should stand out just a little with a bit of a curve. Sighs were abundant. So to find a small bit of scrap to cover it. Might have it I'm just not sure it is thick enough.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 08:14:06 PM »
So got a quick once over on the rear of the receiver where the stock extension plugs in.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
Still need to glue it together so I can clean it up but its coming along.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 10:10:20 PM »
Feed cover boxes primed and taking a try at making some T-track. Not sure what to think of the track though.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 06:27:11 AM »
A couple of updates here still need to add a lot of the detail greeblies. But it is coming along.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Tags: