Author Topic: E-11 question  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
E-11 question
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:06:02 AM »
So right now I have a Rubies E-11 and was curious if they are acceptable at EIB level or no? I can add photos of the current state of it if it would help with anything I can add to make it acceptable.

Offline nukem25rs

Re: E-11 question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:22:06 PM »
this is what the CRL states
E-11 Blaster
For 501st approval:
Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

For level two certification (if applicable):
Folding stock (does not need to function).
A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
D-ring mounted on the rear.
Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.
Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.
Scratch-built or cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.
This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.
No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.
For level three certification (if applicable):
Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

what i do know is when you compare the size of the rubies to the Hyperfirm or the actual resin casts it is a bit smaller.
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
  • Walk softly and carry a big gun
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:53:22 PM »
I have a Rubies blaster that I trooped with before getting a Hyperfirm and I can say that it would not pass EIB without some modification. The main issues with the Rubies E11 are the lack of power cylinders, scope missing some details, molded on d-ring and a curve on the T-tracks where they should be flat (although the crl does not specifically address this). I'm probably missing something else. Here are some comparison photos I took:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPETCb4Dqbb/?taken-by=cascadiantrooper
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPETIxVDCXt/?taken-by=cascadiantrooper
TK/DS-11731

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:08:16 AM »
The fact that none of the issues on the rubies are specifically addressed is why I was curious about it. I know the power cylinders are the only thing mentioned that are not present by the CRL, but the CRL's doesn't specify what constitutes present. Does this makes sense?

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
  • Walk softly and carry a big gun
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:04 AM »
The CRL is vague and less than straightforward for sure. Here is a really great Rubies mod on FISD that would more than certainly pass EIB, heck it looks better than my Hyperfirm. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40643-rubies-e11-mod/
TK/DS-11731

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 12:18:27 AM »
The CRL is vague and less than straightforward for sure. Here is a really great Rubies mod on FISD that would more than certainly pass EIB, heck it looks better than my Hyperfirm. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40643-rubies-e11-mod/
That thing is crazy.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Tags: