Author Topic: Hello from the coast.  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Dave97103

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from the coast.
« on: January 05, 2018, 06:21:21 PM »
Hi, my name is David. I've been wanting to join the 501st for years and have talked with several members at various cons, and also a chance run in when I was up in Astoria. You guys are one of the reasons i started doing volunteer work in the first place, however the Red Cross must be run by rebel scum because my recruiter shot down my idea of asking you guys to come to one of our disaster fairs.  Anyway, I'd love to one day walk among your honored ranks but I know jack about armor building and work likes to get in the way of life. Thanks to the admin though for the forum acceptance and look forward to talking to and learning from you all. 

Humanity first, always.

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Hello from the coast.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:00:57 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forums David!

Do you have a specific costume in mind? If you do we can start to point you in the right direction!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Dave97103

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:20:51 PM »
Really just your basic trooper or scout. To quote my old paintball mates "I'm way to ugly to be in a position of leadership"    :afro:     Although I guess the Empire can always use more gonk droids.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:30:03 PM by Dave97103 »

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:12:20 PM »
Hello David and welcome! Let us know if you need any help once you decide on your costume. Both are great choices!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Sarah

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 07:48:05 AM »
Welcome! We're always looking to add good troopers to our ranks. I hope to meet you soon!
TK/ID/DS/DZ-26534

Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs!

Offline Dave97103

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »
So I was thinking on it, and before I choose between the two I have one little question.   I know you guys have super strict standards for costumes(which is awesome) but i was wondering if it does allow for some personal decoration, similar to the clones with their color schemes. i know the standard storm troopers in the movies are always show in regulation white, but in the series I.M.P.S. they are shown with personal decoration allowing to the fact that they've spent time in the field and giving them a more combat hardened look. I'm not looking for anything major, just some writing in aurebesh on the helmet similar to Full Metal jacket.  Also, I've always wanted to make a cross-over film blending Star Wars and FMJ, think it would be pretty sweet. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome so far, you guys have been great.

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 09:45:56 AM »
All costumes need to follow the requirements listed in the CRL (Costume Reference Library).  Personal decorations won’t be allowed.

You can find all the 501st CRLs here:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Dave97103

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »
That's what I figured, but thanks for the clarification.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 09:54:29 AM »
Welcome Dave!

you can check out the different approved costumes here:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbyname

or you can browse them by detachment listings:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbydetachment

It is possible to add a new costume to a detachment, but it does have to meet certain requirements, ie: costume from a movie/tv/game, with certain amount of visual reference. The detachment leaders would be the people who you would work with in creating the new CRL listing (Costume Reference Library)

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Dave97103

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
Well wasn't really going for new, just trying to bring some of the clone wars visual aesthetics to the Empire. one of the best things about clone trooper armor was the way the were permitted to personalize it to show that even though they were all the same, they were still individuals. Plus I just liked the idea of having Born to kill written in aurebesh on my helmet. Although perhaps that sends the wrong kind of message since The empire is actually the good guys. I've been going through the approved costume list since last night and the attention to detail is just incredible.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »
Welcome Dave. Yeah the difference of the clones and Imperial troops Republic troops vs. Imperial troops. I do like the idea of what your driving at, but unfortunately not allowed. Perhaps as a clone you could do such, but as a Imperial TK no go.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 06:39:52 PM »
hello and welcome dave, my name is rob td-8821 i am close by in warrenton and work in seaside if you happen to need any help or have questions.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:42:07 PM by TD-8821 »
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Tags: