Author Topic: New Recruit Standing By  (Read 1265 times)

Offline mwasson16

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New Recruit Standing By
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
Hi! My name is Michael, and I live in Salem. The last couple years, I've messed around with and upgraded my own low-budget, DIY version of a Generic Jedi costume, but I'll hopefully have everything I'll need to officially submit next month!

I'm having issues with the belt, however. I'm wanting to do an OT-style belt, but the belts I'm finding are either only 1.75" (or narrower) or wouldn't work with my buckle. Any recommendations?

I'm super excited to join up, and I look forward to volunteering with you guys soon! Thanks for the add, and MTFBWY!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline CJ49er

Re: New Recruit Standing By
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 08:22:54 PM »
Hey Michael, WELCOME!

I am no help with the Jedi belt, but I am sure many people will be able to chime in with some advice.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Beckett

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
Hey Michael, welcome to the forums. I’m near Salem also. My wife has a Jedi costume as does my daughter. Casey (Yesac on the forums) helped me make them. We just went to the leather shop in Salem and made them from scratch. Feel free to shoot me a PM if your wanting some help. We might be able to get Casey to assist also.
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:10:38 PM »
Welcome to the forums Michael, another non-Jedi here but it sounds like Josh can help you out!

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:48:13 AM »
I have a generic Jedi and we made my belt following the directions in the Jedi area of the RL forum. We got all our supplies from Tandy and just stained the leather to match my boots. I would guess my belts is at least 3 inches wide. Tandy sells all kinds of sizes of leather strips.

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Tags: