Author Topic: First Time Costumer  (Read 2267 times)

Offline ripley

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
First Time Costumer
« on: June 04, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
Hi everyone.  :)

My name is Heather and I'm from Beaverton. I met a few of you nice folks at a meet up way back in October and asked if I was crazy wanting to build a set of Stormtrooper armor as my first ever foray into costuming. The reply I got was, 'No way! You can totally do it!' I've been excited ever since but too nervous to actually get the ball rolling..until now. I can't wait to get to know everyone and to finally start this project.

Offline daryldoak

Re: First Time Costumer
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 08:42:00 PM »
Welcome!  Did you buy a kit?

A good way to meet members is by volunteering as a spotter at out events:

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
Yes!! Please do come and help out as a spotter. It's a really fun way to meet everyone and get some advice on your build.

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Offline ripley

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »
Thank you!

I would definitely love to volunteer as a spotter. I was advised it was a good way to see different armor sets in action as well as pick up clues for how to troop.

Speaking of the armor sets though, I haven't decided where to get the suit kit. Research has been intimidating and opinions seem to vary from one maker to another which makes for a hard choice! Where would be an appropriate place to post questions here? I've been on the FISD threads but it has still been hard to find some answers.

I do have an AM 4.0 stunt helmet I'm going to practice with. Should be a fun starter while I research more and complete my supply list.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »
Welcome!

Where would be an appropriate place to post questions here?

The Imperial Armor section would be perfect for this. We have a TON of TKs here who will be more than happy to help you. :)

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:24:44 AM »
Welcome Heather! 

We have lots of veteran Stormtrooper's and many new ones that will be able to answer questions and help.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »
Welcome Heather! Lots of good advice already, and for armor there's a bunch of options!

Follow some of the builds on FISD (whitearmor.net) and you'll get a good idea of what kits are out there, and how they hold up.

RS Props, Walts Trooper Factory, Anovos, TrooperMaster, are all great kits, and I'm sure I left out a few. If you aren't sure feel free to ask too! :)
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 06:41:59 AM »
welcome! Always excited to see more TKs!!
here is a good post on whitearmor about all the different types of armor and fairly good descriptions about each
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

that can definitely help in selecting an armor set. When I set out to build I read through a few different types of armor build logs and then made the call on what armor I really wanted to get.  Good luck! and feel free to ask any questions!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
"We would be honored if you would join us." :)
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Tags: