Author Topic: who has done dealings with.....  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Jimsidious

who has done dealings with.....
« on: April 22, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
good morning all.... just curious has any one done dealings an armorer named Matt Gauthier??
Its not the east or the west side, (no its not)
Its not the north or the south side, (no its not)
Its the dark side... (you are correct)
You can't front the Empire
To all you Vader Haters out there...
We'll blow your planet up!

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: who has done dealings with.....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:08 AM »
Many of us have, and many of us have since stopped.

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »
ahhh lol gotcha...... Im sensing a disturbance in the force around this particular subject, thats why Im asking..... I got my TK armor from him.... afterwards is when I signed up with FISD and read some posts about him   :undecided: didnt realize he was shady until after.....

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »
I have.  My first interest in joining the 501st led to contact with him as a possible armor source.  I only spoke with him on the phone but it was an extremely uncomfortable experience and it ruined the idea of joining for a few years.   
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline bpresson

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 05:37:05 PM »
 I don't want to disparage anyone, but if you want to do some internet searches you can find a bunch of threads about him yourself, and make up your own mind. However, like Lori after meeting and speaking with him, I wasn't comfortable with conducting business with him.

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:11:43 PM »
There's a lot to find in several forums.  I can elaborate privately of you're interested as well.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 11:30:37 PM »
nope.. if you want a shady used car lot exp, then go with him. Otherwise, use someone else.
pew pew

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:19:36 AM »
after meeting him...in person lol, uncomfortable isnt quite what I would say but "gotta find an escape route fast" would be a little more accurate, not trying to minimize any ones experience by any means believe that.... Im more in wonder of armor passing inspection for 501st.... hes already told me straight up that he wont do ANH hero or centurion class buckets ( which I may shoot for )..... Lori I will say he does talk ALOT!!!!! and his brain moves way to fast to try and keep up lol

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 07:33:00 AM »
after meeting him...in person lol, uncomfortable isnt quite what I would say but "gotta find an escape route fast" would be a little more accurate, not trying to minimize any ones experience by any means believe that.... Im more in wonder of armor passing inspection for 501st.... hes already told me straight up that he wont do ANH hero or centurion class buckets ( which I may shoot for )..... Lori I will say he does talk ALOT!!!!! and his brain moves way to fast to try and keep up lol

Not sure how deep into your deal you are but you might pm some of these other people too.  I had no trouble keeping up with his train of thought.  It was the reroute to unsavory stops that bothered me. 

Offline David A

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 09:08:08 AM »
Don't do it!!! you will not get what you want, a friend payed him up front and the suit did not even fit him, even after matt did the measurements he said it was not his problem !! I felt bad for my friend so I bought the suit from him so now I have a TK that's not done.....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:11:25 AM by David A »

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
i havent payed yet hes already got my stuff done, but that is worrisome that even after sizing your friend it still didnt fit.....sorry to hear it went that way Lori thats definitely not acceptable 

Offline Ex-titan

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »
I'll do my best to keep this short. I've known him 17 years, and he strung me along for 11 of those, thinking he was "ok." He will more often than not deliver nothing, and pretty much trashed my name in the process of ripping quite a few people off. He's a bit of a sociopath, but I never realized because I didn't buy anything from him. Seems that once he sees money in the equation, off goes his criminal side; otherwise he's Mr Cool. Now for me it's the occasional threat or intimidation by email(relax, he's all talk), but yes, finish up whatever you have going on and walk away. I'm still trying to distance myself from him in any dealings.

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 05:41:38 PM »
hey man, never to late to post lol, he actually did pull through, I got my armor.... he did say it was gunna be complete for all the work I did for him but all in all I think ill be ok with how its ending ( not looking forward to painting my bucket though lol) I do see alot of the traits you mention.... but I think he may be treating me a slight different due to me doing work for him lol.
 I will say I certainly appreciate all the feed back it did make me proceed with caution

Offline Ex-titan

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 05:54:35 PM »
Worked on his lawn myself  :) It's a balancing act; best of luck to you.

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 08:52:44 PM »
lol you his lawn I his new forming table lol.... thank you sir Im supposed to go see him tomorrow for some final pieces and he wants to talk about furthering our working relationship.... Im kinda just done with the whole thing  :shocked:

Tags: