Author Topic: Couples TK Build  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Barclay

Re: Couples TK Build
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »
Thanks... that's just what I needed to see.   

If you get a chance, can you take a look at Valerie's issues above? 

Barclay

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 08:55:47 PM »
Thanks... that's just what I needed to see.   

If you get a chance, can you take a look at Valerie's issues above? 

Barclay

I'd recommend talking to Christina Cato (sitpadeshu), for resizing advice.

And take a look at this build:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »
You'll need to do some trimming and some shaping. :). It's hard to tell from the photo how much, but if you have time this weekend I can help you.
ID/TA-41414

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »
Impressive! Most Impressive!! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the finished product!! :)

~SHHHH,... HOHHHH,...
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline Barclay

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »
Impressive! Most Impressive!! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the finished product!! :)

~SHHHH,... HOHHHH,...

Its been very slow this last couple weeks... With work, extra paperwork, and other items that needed our attention its been slow... But still working on it when we can, and hope to have it done by the end of April.....

Barclay

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
EXCELLENT!! I Love Storm troopers,... they ARE Star Wars to me. :)

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 06:02:16 PM »
I'm still watching this thread, I love TK's!! Can't wait to see you guys trooping one of these days. You're going to love it! :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:13:13 PM by bigguynextdoor »

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline Barclay

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 08:49:06 PM »
I'm still watching this thread, I love TK's!! Can't wait to see you guys trooping one of these days. You're going to love it! :)

We have been getting ready for Celebration, and cleaning the place for our pet sitter... so little work has been done as of late (we plan on jumping back in on it after Celebration..)

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »
"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I am here to put you back on schedule." :)

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline Barclay

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »
today has been all about removing return edges where they will not be seen (such as the upper arm under the shoulder piece) and trimming back about half way the Anovos recommended return edge.   Also got the lower legs started on the cover strips.   Not much progress today, but we are still on things.  Just waiting a day or so for my legs to dry so that we can then move the clamps over to Valerie's legs and get them started with the strips.   Going to have to go out and buy a few more magnets to make the rotations on the build in the next day or so, but that will be a quick stop on my way home from work.

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 09:52:05 AM »
looking good!!!! all these build threads just add to the motivation!!!!
Its not the east or the west side, (no its not)
Its not the north or the south side, (no its not)
Its the dark side... (you are correct)
You can't front the Empire
To all you Vader Haters out there...
We'll blow your planet up!

Offline valkyrio

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »
Meanwhile, back in the prop shop...  It was great to meet some of you at the build party a couple of weeks ago!  Daryl, thanks for the tips that put me back on track, reminding me where I was going with the build before work got crazy!

I have another question to help me in trimming, which I haven't found an answer to in other build threads (including Cricket's build for the vertically challenged...).  When standing, where should the top of the shin armor line up?  On the kneecap, or below the kneecap?  In order to trim the length of my shins I need to know this, but the sniper plate and ammo plate cover the knees

- Valeri

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »
thats a great question Im not really vertically challenged but close enough.... Im gunna have to trim a bunch down on my legs I was going to  start on my sniper knee tonight but chose not to because of this.....
Its not the east or the west side, (no its not)
Its not the north or the south side, (no its not)
Its the dark side... (you are correct)
You can't front the Empire
To all you Vader Haters out there...
We'll blow your planet up!

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 11:29:03 PM »
How goes the build? :)

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline Barclay

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »
Thanks to the build party that Danny held, we were able to get back onto working with the kit....    Arms are sized (not strapped hence why they are not holding in the right area), snaps are in for the body (1 1/2 inch gap for back plate and kidney plate, and am going to try to bring the side gap in a little more if I can, I expect that the belt will help with that).    Need to trim the cover strips and clean up the excess glue.. and start to size the upper leg....   Just about to the point where I will be needing some help to hit the homestretch with the suit.  Other then the shoulders, no tape is being used in these pictures to hold the suit up..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:03:08 PM by Barclay »

Tags: