Author Topic: Omagro's ANOVOS TK Build WIP  (Read 2579 times)

Offline omagro

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Omagro's ANOVOS TK Build WIP
« on: February 23, 2016, 12:31:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

As many of you I have received my TK kit from Anovos a few weeks back, but for me this is the first time I build a TK armor. I have already trim all the pieces and would like to have some feedback from you guys so I can continue building it the right way.

My intention is to be able to submit the build for approval but trying to fulfill as much of the requirements for level 3, so I can have a good starting point to later and little by little get there. My height is 5' 7'' would this be a problem? I notice trying to fit some of the pieces of the armor that they are a little tight, I would appreciate some guidance if there are some others with the same height as me.

I have a lot of questions but I'll address them one piece at the time:

Left Bicep

I have left 1/4 for the return of the bicep all around for both top and bottom as i the picture, should I leave this much of the return or do I need to trim more, if so where?

Should I try to glue the bicep once I receive my undersuit? how much space should I leave between my bicep an the armor? could anybody post a photo of only the bicep on the arm?

Thank you in advance!

Oscar

Offline daryldoak

Re: Omagro's ANOVOS TK Build WIP
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
Oscar,

I'm certainly no expert, but I trimmed my bicep return edges to about 1/8", same for the forearm elbow end.  No return edge on wrist.

I glued my arms without having the undersuit.  I've heard you generally should have about 1/2" between your skin and the armor.

I would following this build, if you aren't already:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline omagro

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »
Hi daryldoak,

Thank you for your answer, and yes I've been following ukswraths but some of the photos don't help much. I haven't started to glue the pieces because I don't have my undersuit yet, but based on what you mentioned about leaving 1/2 around, I may start soon. I'm also waiting for my boots that should arrive tomorrow.

Cheers!

Oscar

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »
Oscar,

How is your build going?  Post some pictures and make sure to ask if you have any questions.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Tags: