Author Topic: 501st age limit  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
501st age limit
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »
Hey there everyone, Cash here. I just recently joined this forum and have been doing a lot of research, and recently found out that the 501st Legion only accepts people over the age of 18. This is a problem, since I turn 16 in March. Are there exceptions to this rule? Also, would it be possible to troop with you guys without being "officially" a member of the 501st? Finally, would it still be a good idea to start getting my armor and equipment together anyway so that when I'm old enough I'll already have everything I need? Just wondering, and any answers and advice are more than welcome.
There is no try... only do or do not

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 501st age limit
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:51:51 PM »
Hi Cash. Unfortunately you do have to be 18 or older to be eligible for 501st membership. No exceptions. But yes, by all means, do as much as you can, research, gather all your tools and parts, finish your costume and have it ready to submit for approval as soon as your 18th birthday! I've heard of a few members in other garrisons getting approval on their actual birthday. In the meantime, you can also look into The Galactic Academy, (www.galactic-academy.net/), the 17 and under Star Wars costuming club. Also, post up a build thread here and keep asking questions along the way. We're here to help!
TK/TD-76216

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »
Hi Cash. Unfortunately you do have to be 18 or older to be eligible for 501st membership. No exceptions. But yes, by all means, do as much as you can, research, gather all your tools and parts, finish your costume and have it ready to submit for approval as soon as your 18th birthday! I've heard of a few members in other garrisons getting approval on their actual birthday. In the meantime, you can also look into The Galactic Academy, (www.galactic-academy.net/), the 17 and under Star Wars costuming club. Also, post up a build thread here and keep asking questions along the way. We're here to help!
Ah, I see. A bit disappointing, but I'll live! lol. I'll be sure to look into that, thanks for the info. In the mean time I guess I'll just keep researching and saving money to put into my costume. Also, another thing I was wondering, is there a rule anywhere that says I can't just "show up" to 501st events and troop with a unit anyway even though I'm not 18 (once I have my costume ready, of course)? In conclusion, thanks for your time, I really appreciate any help I can get along the way to becoming a battle-hardened Imperial Stormtrooper!

P.S.-- Can I still stick around on the forums even though I'm not an official 501st member?

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 01:40:24 AM »
Hey Cash I'm far from one to say yes, but I don't see why you couldn't stay on the forums. Now as far as events go I think that as a spotter or something of that nature I don't see why not, but as I said that is definitely not for me to say one way or another. Jason up there is the GML, aka the costume approval guy, him or any of the garrison staff would definitely be able to guide in that aspect.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 10:06:32 AM »
Also, another thing I was wondering, is there a rule anywhere that says I can't just "show up" to 501st events and troop with a unit anyway even though I'm not 18 (once I have my costume ready, of course)?

P.S.-- Can I still stick around on the forums even though I'm not an official 501st member?

If one or both of your parents or another relative is an approved member attending an event, you can usually attend with them in costume. Every once in awhile we have an event where minors aren't permitted for one reason or another. Those are rare.

You can absolutely stay on the forum in the meantime! We all look forward to seeing your costume building progress.

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »
You can absolutely stay on the forum in the meantime! We all look forward to seeing your costume building progress.
Well that's good! I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Tags: