Author Topic: Finally got the chance and opportunity, read as girlfriend approval, to pull the trigger on an ANOVO  (Read 20130 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So after surviving the household plague I'm back at it. Got some bicep clips done and gluing, fixing a piece of strapping for the shoulder bell, glued on the ab buttons and started gluing my forearms. It's gonna be slow, but getting there. Also did some final fitting with the things.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So about halfway through gluing the forearms, taking it slow and giving lots of cure time. Had a warping issue in using a heat gun for reshaping the right one. I don't think it stands out much, but for anyone that knows it will be noticeable.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So not sure this needs a picture or not, but my thighs and shins fit well with no real need to trim more. However the back of them don't line up great, the top and bottom butt together, but there's a slight gap in the middle and I'm not sure what to do. My concern is if I trim them more they'll be too tight. Any advice or ideas would be great.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Here are some picture of the shin.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So find myself in another quandry. Left forearm looks good, but the lower seam isn't meeting up at the return edge. Should I pull it and redo it or is it okay? It's on the bottom and unlikely to be seen, but not sure.

Offline CJ49er

I'd vote that the left forearm alignment is good, but I dont have a completed TK  :)

Hopefully one of our garrison TK champs will can chime in
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Left arm is complete.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I'd vote that the left forearm alignment is good, but I dont have a completed TK  :)

Hopefully one of our garrison TK champs will can chime in
Got the word over on FISD that its good with the only concern being that the strip isn't covering enough. But it fits well and it feels solid.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So in waiting for the E6000 to cure on my right forearm and thigh cover strips. I'm doing them one side at a time, lack of magnets and it also lets me not rush through. I decided it was time to tackle the ab/kidney section. So I drilled holes for the split rivets and snaps and then got those in, they're not pretty, but they're in and secure.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So got out and got some supplies and started installing the brackets. I'm not sure I'll be able to use them, but it's not out of the question, just not sure. I'll find out definitely when I move to the ab. If they don't then I'll finish of the screws and then convert the strapping to the snap plates method and leave them for the look.

Offline CJ49er

coming along nicely!  Do you have a goal date to be trooping by?
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hoping to be entirely done building and approved before Solo. Right forearm should be cured by the time I get home tonight. Which means arms will be completed. Just started on the thighs and shins. Finished off drilling for brackets still need to make loops and sizing the body, but I don't think I'll need to do much there. Then painting buttons and frown and done.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I believe I can call my arms done. Just need to attach the bicep and forearm. This is my right arm, the one I had to reshape due to accidentally trimming a bit too much. It's a tight getting my hand through the wrist, but after I get through it fits well.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Arms are done. I may need to warm the return edge on the right forearm to flatten it a little though.

Offline daryldoak

TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Tags: