Author Topic: Finally got the chance and opportunity, read as girlfriend approval, to pull the trigger on an ANOVO  (Read 20128 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So got a little more done drop boxes glued, belt attached and rivet covers placed. Glued the elastic to boxes and top corners of fabric belt, trying to avoid the "droop" issue with the anovos belt. I also came across a couple of rivet issues but have gotten some feedback over at FISD about dealing with them. I've also started gluing the biceps, but may trim just a little more before closing them up.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So a quick update been working on getting biceps done, working on forearms and looking at the thighs. My main body is mostly okay I think need to get that all mocked up and fitted soon. But here's where I'm at now.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
To Daryl thanks for the wisdom on the thighs and I'm glad to know I won't be needing to trim and modify them.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I have thighs and shins and pretty sure I'll have no trimming to do, I may be wrong I'll leave it to the folks who know more.  My only thoughts for trimming is possibly the lower part of the thigh and the ankle but not sure.

Offline nukem25rs

looks like they are fitting well.. bottom of the ankle from what i see looks good.
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yeah they fit well and comfortably so I doubt I will trim them anymore than what I have so far. This is just at the initial anovos line. I also found a use for the supplied white velcro.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Overcoming slight rivet issue. Clipped them down and then used some of the material I have for my neck seal to cover them. Decided to go ahead and make the straps for the thigh garters.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
To trim even or not? This is my question here.

Offline nukem25rs

Is that the back of the shin? Yes just match the arch.  make sure it's even at the top first with no rwist
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
ARC Trooper Havoc

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Is that the back of the shin? Yes just match the arch.  make sure it's even at the top first with no rwist
Yes it's the back of the shin. The tops are aligned and I still need to do the cover strips. I've also managed some inner strips for the shins. This was just a something I've been wondering about.

Offline nukem25rs

you could also just extend the cover strip to cover that mismatch.. really depends on how you want it to look sitting on your shoe in the back.. i think either way would be fine
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
ARC Trooper Havoc

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yeah I think I'm gonna have to think on that, but knowing me I'll probably trim them. I still have that forearm to contend with.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Did some inner strips on the shins from some of the scrap material.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I've come into a dilemma with the shins. Luckily I put my inner strips on the same sides so that I can interchange between the two sides. So I noticed that when I lined up the front tops that the rear didn't want to line up. Also the ankles had a definite longer and shorter side originally. However when I changed them to get the tops lined up the length difference went away. I'm also finding it difficult to get the sniper knee to fit properly. I have held off on gluing it all so far minus the inner strip. So any help here would be great before I proceed. Here are some picture after swapping the pieces, the tape is just to hold them together.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So with a little help from Daryl I believe I've sorted the shins properly, still the debate rages on which is which though.

Tags: