Author Topic: Greedo10360's TB Build  (Read 8684 times)

Offline CadBane3

Re: Greedo10360's TB Build
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 02:50:35 PM »
those new templates look good.

Here is what we used for Judy's flight suit, she is short so these prob too small for you, but gives you an idea of how we did them.

That's awesome and very helpful! Thank you!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »
Ran in to a bit of a setback with the flight suit today. It is rather thick and in doing a test run to see if I could fit it in a sewing machine, there is just no way that I can get the machine to work down the leg, as there is so much material that needs to get out of the way, especially when you get further down the thigh. May need to investigate any of the folks on the BSN that are much more experienced at sewing to see if they can take on a commission to just add the patches. I really like this flight suit and the fit, and the cuffed wrists and ankles, so I don't really want to scrap the whole thing.

I did make progress on removing the patch and the epaulets, so all was not lost.

Also, I finished sewing the liner for my TK bin:

At least I managed some progress!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:37:19 PM by Greedo10360 »
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:13:51 PM »
Well, I mothballed the racing suit for now. Still going to work on it but ordered one from Max's Sci Fi in the mean time. And HOT DIGGITY, look what came in the mail today!

My Altmann's armor and bucket!

The lense on the bucket popped out in shipping, so I got right to it.

I just love this helmet and it is huge inside, so I can't wait to start working on it.

I ran out and started buying elastic and velcro. I then re-read Pandatroopers build thread. Lots to do!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:01 AM »
Great to see the progress. Too bad about the racesuit

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 06:33:56 AM »
Great to see the progress. Too bad about the racesuit

Thanks. I may be able to make it work but it bunches up in my legs quite a bit, so now that I have the armor, I can figure out if it's salvageable.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
Started working on the easy parts while I wait for some additional supplies. Got a few straps for the forearms ready to sew. This is 1" elastic.

Moved on the checking out the biceps, but they need 1 3/8 inch elastic, which I have ordered but don't have yet. In looking at them, the greeblies are the same. Shouldn't one of them have the dots on the other side?

Perhaps a veteran builder can opine. I also checked out my thermal detonator and it looks like the greeblies on the left are upside down?

An easy enough fix if so, just thought I'd throw it out there first, that's why I have this thread, after all!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 02:07:46 PM »
Felt like I made a good dent of progress today. Still waiting on the proper sized elastic and to get to a sewing machine, but I started with padding inside the helmet.

Fits pretty good and I don't know if I'll even need fans because the bottom is so open. May need a few troops to decide.

I moved on to working on the greeblie. Seems to be some dispute as to whether both sides were different but since my goal is lancer status and the CRL says the dots go forward on each bicep, I shaved them down and built some for the other side.

I hope this is sufficient. Any input? Here they are after a fresh coat of paint. I haven't reattached the one I worked on yet, pending input.

I bought and used all the velcro they had at Joann Fabric to start getting the rest of the pieces ready for when my elastic comes in. I'll need quite a bit more and have ordered it.

Lastly, I started working on the belt and am using pandatrooper's method.

Felt like I really made a good dent today given that I'm still missing supplies but they are on their way, thank you eBay!

Any comments, corrections, or anything at all are certainly welcome! I'm about stuck for now until my supplies come in or I hit a sewing machine.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
The ones armor has two different sized elastic, with the smaller being held with rivets. It's looking good, if your going for lancer status, Then follow to the word what they want. Keep up the good work.

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
Not much I can do today but took the advice and started shoring up the knees for the eventual rivets:

Now I'm really running low on extra TK plastic!

Anyway, the only other thing I could do today was try to tape the chest/back together to see how it fits (ignore my ugly mug, it will be covered while trooping!  :lol:). I'll be in trouble if my head gets any bigger! I may need to invest in a heat gun to get it just right but here it is without any cuts or adjustment. Any input would be helpful, but I'm pretty sure the back needs to come down a little at the back shoulder. And yes, that's a Boba Fett Christmas sweatshirt! Lol

And thanks again for any and all input!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
you will have a little bit of room for adjustment when  put the white fabric/webbing between the front and back armor.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
I like the artwork in the shot too.
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 12:48:31 AM »
Arms raised up always has that chest armor riding up. I have a strip of Velcro holding the chest armor to my CB.

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
Arms raised up always has that chest armor riding up. I have a strip of Velcro holding the chest armor to my CB.

Great idea! I'll have to do that too! Thanks!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 03:56:10 PM »
Made some exciting progress today. I'm still waiting to receive the 1 3/8" elastic that I need for the knee, shoulder, and bicep but I was able to do quite a bit of sewing. This thing is starting to look like a scout. I even finished the forearms! After the helmet, this is only the second part of the armor that is done! Lol

I think my chest/back may be done as well so I put together what I could, but I still need the elastic for the shoulder to arm attachment. Still, I put it all on for a test run.

The elastic on the side seems to keep the front and back at a much better place than my test run. This is only 1 1/2" elastic and I think I need 2" for lancer spec, but that requires adding 1/2" to the armor holes and I was just not prepared to do that yet, so I'll seek basic approval first. It's a moderately easy fix I can do at a later date.

I may investigate for a stronger Velcro on the shoulders as what I used works but is pretty thin. Maybe I could sew it to something to make it slightly more rigid.

In doing this, I also tried on the flight suit again and was a lot more happy with the fit. Maybe I lost a few pounds. Lol. At any rate, I'm going to revisit it to see if I can make it work.

Next, I'll be working on the belt and drop boxes but can't do too much until my bund gets here.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 05:04:52 PM »
And because it's snowing out, I did the cloth shoulder pieces.

And then got my belt started.

Going to keep the belt half finished until I get my bund so that I can dial in the sizing around the waist and the length of the drop boxes. Also, in trying it on, I'm going to have to get creative in getting my TD to attach. There's a lot of good build threads on here that use magnets, and that is probably the solution.

Anyway, any comments or critique are welcome!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Tags: