Author Topic: Hello from the NW coast.  (Read 5356 times)

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from the NW coast.
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:46:40 AM »
New guy here, loving that I found an Oregon forum for me to geek out on. My wife and I own and operate a daycare /preschool in Astoria and recently added kindergarten where I am the teacher. I'm 36 and my name is Mr. Joe. Married with 4 daughters, and I now have our youngest (age 6) into starwars. However I am taking it slowly and letting her start with the clone wars series on Netflix. She still gets spooked easily.
I have not made a Jedi uniform yet, but I will start soon. After taking 2 of our daughters to our first Comic-con last Saturday, it's official, I'm hooked! I will be ordering a Jedi costume in the $60 range to get started. That way I can see the construction first hand then start making my own. Then I am making my own light Jedi armor. I'll will be making my 1st lightsaber myself however, then later order parts to make a higher quality battle saber.
I am currently not part of any groups, however it will be hard to join one until I have my gear . Time to get lost in these posts, later!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Offline Jabbasdead

Re: Hello from the NW coast.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:02:17 AM »
Welcome to the boards....JD

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 08:45:26 AM »
Welcome!

Offline NavySith

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:58:32 AM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »
Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions along the way!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 07:14:51 PM »
I should be able to hit home Depot next week for supplies. Being a business owner /operator  keeps us pretty busy with little to no extra time.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 08:26:33 PM »
Welcome Joe!

I am guessing you attended Rose City Comic Con last weekend?
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Beckett

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »
Welcome Joe! Good to have u here.
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 01:25:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the Jedi costume. They're not too difficult to make, I put one together a couple years ago and it wasn't too bad.. Also, Jedi armor probably wouldn't be acceptable in the Rebel Legion unless you have some canon references for it. Unless it's one of the canon Jedi armor types, such as the Jedi General armor from the Clone Wars or the Jedi battle armor from The Old Republic MMORPG, both of which are acceptable.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 07:24:16 PM »
Welcome Joe!

I am guessing you attended Rose City Comic Con last weekend?
Yes I did! It was awesome. The whole family will be going to the next one. We will get a hotel and do both days.

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the Jedi costume. They're not too difficult to make, I put one together a couple years ago and it wasn't too bad.. Also, Jedi armor probably wouldn't be acceptable in the Rebel Legion unless you have some canon references for it. Unless it's one of the canon Jedi armor types, such as the Jedi General armor from the Clone Wars or the Jedi battle armor from The Old Republic MMORPG, both of which are acceptable.
Good to know thank you. I was going to make the armor as a separate add-on, to take in on and off. That way I'd have regular Jedi clothing, and if I wanted put on the armor.

Very similar to this:

I am still learning the lore, so please fill me in if you think I missed or need to know something.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:33:39 PM by josephernst2 »

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Good to know thank you. I was going to make the armor as a separate add-on, to take in on and off. That way I'd have regular Jedi clothing, and if I wanted put on the armor.

Very similar to this:

I am still learning the lore, so please fill me in if you think I missed or need to know something.

That picture is the Jedi battle armor from Star Wars: The Old Republic, which is acceptable in the Rebel Legion (though it has to be painted in a similar silver-green color). There are even a couple people who sell the armor kits.

Here's another example of the armor...
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 06:05:02 AM »
Thank you Blue Leader, that's good to know.  Are there any websites or books I could get that have more details about the armor of the old Republic Jedi?

Offline Mal Solo

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Han Tots First !
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 06:37:27 AM »
I would check out The Rebel Legion costuming forums.  Lots of knowledgeable people there!  I found myself talking to an approving official after posting a costume question a few weeks ago.       
You can also find me on Facebook: Justin Love or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 541-880-4198
justin.w.love@gmail.com

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 07:03:02 AM »
I would check out The Rebel Legion costuming forums.  Lots of knowledgeable people there!  I found myself talking to an approving official after posting a costume question a few weeks ago.       
Oh I was under the impression that you had to be a member to join the forum. Cool beans. Thanks.

Tags: