Author Topic: Blackthorpe's TIE Pilot Build  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe's TIE Pilot Build
« on: February 17, 2021, 07:43:02 PM »
Finally making progress on my TIE pilot build, which I've been wanting to do since I started my SWO journey. I have almost  all the parts. My flight suit arrived today, and now I have everything for the reserve version, and all I need for the full pilot is the full monty from Targworx. Before I submit the reserve, I'm worried that I need to change the cogs and adjust the compad pocket. Any feedback would be welcome.

TIE Pilot build by blackthorpe, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:18:09 AM by Blackthorpe »
Screaming Porgs CO, Old Rex, Jedi Knight
TI 87711

Offline stevo502

Re: Blackthorpe's TIE Pilot Build
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:13:19 AM »
Let me know if you ever get your full Monty from Targ, and how you manage it. I just passed the two year milestone...

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 09:10:25 AM »
Let me know if you ever get your full Monty from Targ, and how you manage it. I just passed the two year milestone...

Yikes! I'm only at 9 months, but when I bought it he made it sound like it was done and shipping within a week (someone backed out and I picked it up). I've been bugging him every few weeks, checking on progress. He keeps saying it's almost done, but then another month goes by. Chris Glodt finally publicly shamed him in a build group on Facebook and got his compad, but it looked like junk. So I'm trying to stay nice, with some gentle prodding.
TI 87711

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 06:10:16 AM »

Yikes! I'm only at 9 months, but when I bought it he made it sound like it was done and shipping within a week (someone backed out and I picked it up). I've been bugging him every few weeks, checking on progress. He keeps saying it's almost done, but then another month goes by. Chris Glodt finally publicly shamed him in a build group on Facebook and got his compad, but it looked like junk. So I'm trying to stay nice, with some gentle prodding.

Sounds like you and I have the same strategy (and experience). Always a few weeks out. But thanks for the reminder that it's time to call him again, last time he said it wouldn't be here by Christmas, but soon after.

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 08:52:47 AM »
Good luck, Steve!

As for my build, I got the com window widened. Thought I messed it up, but managed to save it. Gonna try for submission on the Reserve this weekend.
TI 87711

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 10:39:18 PM »
Arise from the dead, my loyal topic!

After a year and a half of excuses and BS, my Targworx Full Monty finally arrived today, and it needs some work. I think I need to do some shaping on the chest piece and figure out where to drill holes for the straps, and the bolts on the back of the chest box don't line up with the holes on the armor, so I'll need to either drill new holes or attach magnets. The hoses he sent don't fit my helmet's holes, but I may just not have tried to put them in the right way. There is still a lot more work to do on this than I had thought there would be, which is kind of aggravating. AND, because he took so blasted long to get this to me, the compad I used for my Reserve submission is no longer usable and I'll need to get another one.

Don't buy from Targ, folks. I thought I was helping him in a time of need and getting a great kit in a timely manner,  but this whole process has been a nightmare.
TI 87711

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 12:24:24 PM »
Targ's full Monty looks mighty sexy, and so are his comm-pads, but the delays in shipping after paying make me sad now.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline stevo502

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 01:40:05 PM »
Wow! You actually got something from Targ??? Congratulations! I'm past 3 years now, just spoke with him about a week ago and got another "it'll ship in a few weeks" when really I just want my money back at this point.

In case the message isn't clear here, DO NOT BUY FROM TARG!!!

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 04:55:09 PM »
Targ's full Monty looks mighty sexy, and so are his comm-pads, but the delays in shipping after paying make me sad now.

The full Monty isn't as sexy as it looks. There were a lot of problems with it.

Steve, yeah, I finally had to offer to pay for shipping. I will never give that guy business again, and tell anyone looking for TIE parts to avoid him like a rathtar.
TI 87711

Offline stevo502

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 07:29:39 AM »
that's a bummer to hear after all the frustration that it had issues :(

Maybe I'll try the paying for shipping thing, thanks for the suggestion! But did you have to front the money again? I'm a little scared to do that...

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 09:47:34 PM »
that's a bummer to hear after all the frustration that it had issues :(

Maybe I'll try the paying for shipping thing, thanks for the suggestion! But did you have to front the money again? I'm a little scared to do that...

I just sent him shipping money, no more.
TI 87711

Offline stevo502

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 06:46:31 AM »
It's here! 3 years and 2 months later I finally got my TIE armor from TARG! It's in rough shape too, but doesn't look like it'll be too much work. He didn't include the extra hoses I paid for though :(

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2022, 08:36:11 AM »
At least you got the main part! Did you end up paying the shipping?
TI 87711

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2022, 08:37:02 AM »
 I sure loved his comm pads, the lighting was well done. But, him wanting to be paid up front and not do a thing until he has "5 orders" now gives me pause. Good luck on making the fixes.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline stevo502

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2022, 08:40:59 AM »
At least you got the main part! Did you end up paying the shipping?

No, but I did call him up and play the "this was purchased for my wife and she left me" sympathy card hoping for a refund (a bit of a stretch since our decision to divorce was mutual). He said he couldn't but offered to sell it for me and I said to just ship it and I'd sell it myself. Still took another month or so but suddenly  he started calling me asking for my address.

Tags: