Author Topic: Blackthorpe's TIE Pilot Build  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Blackthorpe

Re: Blackthorpe's TIE Pilot Build
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2022, 08:47:24 AM »
At least you got the main part! Did you end up paying the shipping?

No, but I did call him up and play the "this was purchased for my wife and she left me" sympathy card hoping for a refund (a bit of a stretch since our decision to divorce was mutual). He said he couldn't but offered to sell it for me and I said to just ship it and I'd sell it myself. Still took another month or so but suddenly  he started calling me asking for my address.

Sorry to hear about your divorce (even if it was mutual, it still is no fun), but glad you finally got the kit.

I sure loved his comm pads, the lighting was well done. But, him wanting to be paid up front and not do a thing until he has "5 orders" now gives me pause. Good luck on making the fixes.

His comm pads used to be nice, but Chris Glodt got one of his more recent ones and it looked terrible. I cannot recommend strongly enough to NOT buy from Targ.
Screaming Porgs CO, Old Rex, Jedi Knight
TI 87711

Offline Blackthorpe

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2022, 01:58:21 PM »
At least you got the main part! Did you end up paying the shipping?

No, but I did call him up and play the "this was purchased for my wife and she left me" sympathy card hoping for a refund (a bit of a stretch since our decision to divorce was mutual). He said he couldn't but offered to sell it for me and I said to just ship it and I'd sell it myself. Still took another month or so but suddenly  he started calling me asking for my address.

Steve, did you ever get your stuff from Targ? I just read that he passed away yesterday.
Screaming Porgs CO, Old Rex, Jedi Knight
TI 87711

Offline stevo502

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2022, 03:42:35 PM »
Oh wow, I hadn't heard that.  :cry:

I did finally get it, it took several phones calls to get my address again, but then it actually showed up (and immediately got re-shipped to my ex in Canada). I think it was about like yours, good but not "wow". And he didn't include the extra hoses I'd paid for, which I mentioned in a text but got an "oh well" answer. I hope his family is doing okay.

Tags: