Linked Events

• Dornbecher's Hospital visit: February 17, 2007

Author Topic: '07' Dornbecher's Children's Hospital Visit - Feb. 17th.  (Read 36931 times)

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: '07' Dornbecher's Children's Hospital Visit - Feb. 17th.
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2007, 09:36:05 PM »
Just a reminder that this is not canon. Children are welcome as long as a parent/adult are with them. No weaponry except for sabers. We can't have any illnessess. These kids just like to have us there.  I'm waiting to hear if handing out beanie babies would be ok.

Thanks all.  :lol:

Barry

(Updated roster on primary post)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:45:32 PM by guyactor »

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 05:52:29 PM »
I just received a large box of beanie babies in the mail today from Rob Johnson (in Seaside, OR) to hand out to kids during this troop!  ALthough I won't be able to troop this one, I'll bring them to the garrison meeting on the 10th so whoever is going can take them with them.

Tony, DCH said it's great to bring them, as long as they're new, etc. Don't have to be wrapped, but they obviously have to be careful about what is handed to the patients. The kids'll love 'em! Thanks Rob!!! :)

BA
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 06:40:13 PM by guyactor »

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »
*whispers* Rob(irob972) can see this section, Barry.  :mrgreen:  So he will see the thanks.  :wink:

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »
Ahh, what'r ya talkin about, Rob?......Umm, my post is thanking Rob.....! :shock: 8) :mrgreen:

Offline Daverian

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 08:32:44 PM »
....I was just thinking :idea:....If this is a stupid question just tell me, since this will be my first visit and I am new to this.......what about the kids who may be in surgery or sedated and miss the visit but really love Star Wars and would have loved to have seen us? Do we do a follow up visit for them?  :?:

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:47 PM »
Good question. The patients come and go. Some stay longer than others. Our visits are spaced far enough apart that we never hit the same children twice. They're there for a while - days, weeks, maybe a couple of months but there isn't ever the same grouping twice for us....We are allowed to visit whoever is on those two floors each time we go..There are several rooms we don't visit due to a quarantine for germs, they're asleep or too scared.....Kinda the way it is..... 8)  We just go and cheer up whom ever we can.....

Thanks for asking.

Barry

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
Thank you guys, i hope they do love them :mrgreen:I am just sorry to be missing out on this run for the kids!! :cry:
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Daverian

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 05:39:39 AM »
Good question. The patients come and go. Some stay longer than others. Our visits are spaced far enough apart that we never hit the same children twice. They're there for a while - days, weeks, maybe a couple of months but there isn't ever the same grouping twice for us....We are allowed to visit whoever is on those two floors each time we go..There are several rooms we don't visit due to a quarantine for germs, they're asleep or too scared.....Kinda the way it is..... 8)  We just go and cheer up whom ever we can.....

Thanks for asking.

Barry
Thanks Barry! I know this is one of the aspects of the 501st I am just going to love! Filling kids with the wonder that they need to get healthy! Lifting their minds off of their pain and being so scared because of what they are going through into the wonderful world of imagination!! I can hardly wait!! .....and any message of hope delivered while they are feeling that ....even if its just "get better"!! AWESOME!!  The power to affect a life for good!! I am all about that opportunity!! :D :wink:           (Thank you Mr Lucas!!)

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »

Thanks Barry! I know this is one of the aspects of the 501st I am just going to love! Filling kids with the wonder that they need to get healthy! Lifting their minds off of their pain and being so scared because of what they are going through into the wonderful world of imagination!! I can hardly wait!! .....and any message of hope delivered while they are feeling that ....even if its just "get better"!! AWESOME!!  The power to affect a life for good!! I am all about that opportunity!! :D :wink:           (Thank you Mr Lucas!!)

Could we HAVE a better attitude from a new person?  I think NOT!  Glad you are here Dave!! :!: :D

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 04:56:19 PM »
Dave, yeah, it is a great feeling. We adults should consider ourselves 'lucky' to be in good health to be able to visit DCH and bring some joy into their lives. Bells don't ring, or cameras don't flash (near as much, anyway) like other venues, but seeing  those kids light up - Priceless.  8)

Glad to have you join in...

Barry

DiscoYoda

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »
I should be able to make it, or do I need to be a full-fledged member?

~Dusty
"DiscoYoda"

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »
I should be able to make it, or do I need to be a full-fledged member?

~Dusty
"DiscoYoda"

Naw, we met you at the garrison meeting and you seem like a pretty cool guy, do you have a costume or anything?  :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:53:54 PM by TK4063 »
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
What do you have goin' on currently?

BA
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:20:04 PM by guyactor »

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
currectly?  :P :lol:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »
..T. my man..........That's great you notice typos (which everyone does) Shows you are a credit to the American educational system.......... but it appears you also like to POINT 'EM OUT!!!  :shock: :mrgreen:

[Next time I'll type real s................l....................o....................w]

Tags: