Author Topic: Jeffs Din Djarin build Season 1 (Beskar)  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Jeffnmar

Jeffs Din Djarin build Season 1 (Beskar)
« on: December 10, 2021, 06:44:26 PM »
Well , Merry Christmas  to me , I finally pulled the trigger on some armor and am now committed :-) .....

Been wanting to do this build for sometime but was committed to my TK build and getting that approved, now that it's completed I can move onto project #2 , this is the way!

Ordered:

Armor: WTF with a commission job for the painting /weathering from Tye Odell
Metal props:JJ industries / Mando kit
Boots /Gloves : Crow Props

Researching:

-Flightsuit : TBD - still thinking Darkside Closet but they are 22 weeks out so looking for possible alternative.

-Leatherworks: Still researching, looking at gwabosoftgoods and possible Sine Industries

For the leather goods I might try purchasing the patterns from Obsessive Passion and work with a local leather shop once the metal parts arrive.

Keep you posted !

« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:48:57 PM by Jeffnmar »

Offline Jeffnmar

Re: Jeffs Din Djarin build Season 1 (Beskar)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 02:07:10 PM »
Parts are starting to 'roll' in. , I got my  boots and gloves last week , fit is perfect.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:08:54 PM by Jeffnmar »

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 02:10:01 PM »
Flak Vest is just about completed, needs a few tweaks but sitting nice.

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 07:15:58 PM »
received my leather goods today , it has been awhile for parts to start coming in for my build but things are just about completed. Only thing now I am waiting on is the armor, I have that out being painted up.

Leather goods are more than I could hope for , Stephen Walker out of the UK does a FANTASTIC job!

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 07:20:34 PM »
This is my first test fitting with the flightsuit and the leather goods , boots and gloves so don't judge   LOL .... I realize I screwed up the cummerbund as that piece should have gone on last and I got the legs backwards LOL . Still some tweaking to do , and hard to test fit everything without armor , but everything seems to falling into place , I am happy with the results this far.  Helmet is just a black series I have, not part of the costume. I also need to work on positioning the cape a bit better around the neck.

Comments welcome

« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 07:24:29 PM by Jeffnmar »

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 09:23:13 PM »
Nice! Steven does some great work.

Just a little bit of feedback: Ideally the cape should end between the ankle and mid-shin according to the CRL too, just keep that in mind when you're tweaking your cape setup.

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 07:34:25 PM »
Another test fitting before the armor arrives ,  studied the CRL a bit more when putting things on , and got the legs correct this time :-) ..

I am wondering if my flak jacket is too short? Perhaps when I have the armor on it will be a better fit visually. Also , do I need to move the cumberbund up more?  Let me know if this is order when putting on the top.

1) Put on the top with the sleeves and velcro up the back
2) put on the cummerbund and attach the grey piece
3) put on the Flak Jacket ( which seems short to me from other costumes I have seem, maybe because I don't have the armor on yet?

I think I have the cape dialed in, does that look better or does it need to be longer?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:36:06 PM by Jeffnmar »

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 09:16:37 PM »
Awesome, more progress!

Your order of operations for getting the top soft goods on is the same as what I do for my Beskar suit so I think you've got it!

Regarding the vest and Cummerbund, the cummerbund should go fully underneath the vest. Same with the abdominal tasset (the blue leather looking part). The CRL does state that there shouldn't be any flight suit showing in either case, so I'd bring them both up a touch if possible. The bottom of the chest armor should go just a tiny fraction over the bottom of the vest, so it won't provide a ton of coverage. It's a pain in the rear to get lined up right so I understand if it's a shade over/under the ideal spot too.

I've seen a few folks attach the cummerbund and vest together to help prevent the 'bund from sagging when you're walking around. I used some safety pins and hand stitched in a few spots to ensure it's not going anywhere.

Hope that helps, keep up the awesome work!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 09:43:39 PM »
Great feedback Luke , thank you … I will work on the cummerbund and try your tips on securing the tasset . I have another tasset that is a bit wider and longer from Darkside depot, I might try that one and see if it helps with placement.  I can see now moving up the cummerbund  is needed so the flightsuit is hidden more.

Cape placement   seems to be working out thus far as well , still need some Velcro applied to ensure a good fit around the neck . The suspenders I added to the pants works miracles as well …LOL

Thank you again for your help and input , getting there . I hope to have to my armor in next few weeks .

Any other feedback is welcome for 501st approval…

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 09:12:49 PM »
BBB came and I received my armor , Tye did a great job whit the alumaluster paint job and  finish.  I was able to work on the pants tonight , got the velcro sewn on and am working on placement of the armor.  Below are are few snapshots of the test fitting, thinking the leg  armor needs to come down just a bit , it's on with velcro so shouldn't be a problem. I am missing the left leg strap ( darn thing went missing, I cant believe it) . Other than that any feedback is welcome. I am working upper body next ..

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 10:41:49 PM »
I think you're right that the leg armor needs to drop down a bit. You may want to give the right leg plate some weathering as well, nothing a little acrylic paint can't fix up. Currently it's nice and shiny and the crl states:

• Right side of armor is painted with a medium brown/red base and matte charcoal/black. See Color Palette.
    Weathered with grey & brown shades, damage is present revealing a metallic silver base and a dark grey layer surrounding it.
  • Left side of armor & "Weld Blob" is painted with the same dark chrome as the rest of the armor.
    Weathered with Charcoal/Dark Grey around recesses and crevices.

Getting close and it's looking good!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 01:16:36 PM »
Working on the flak vest with the front and back armor , I sewed on velcro for front and back and attached the butt plate to belt .  Still in the tweaking phase but velcro is very forgiving for placement so I should be OK. I had to "adjust" my flak vest and add elastic straps to the shoulder area to help lower it a bit. The cape and shoulder bells will hide this , but I am now getting a way better fit and the front armor I placed  is now correctly following the CRL.

The chest armor for some reason looks small in this picture, but it does first correctly and matches what's in the CRL

« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 01:19:15 PM by Jeffnmar »

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 01:22:53 PM »
I think you're right that the leg armor needs to drop down a bit. You may want to give the right leg plate some weathering as well, nothing a little acrylic paint can't fix up. Currently it's nice and shiny and the crl states:

• Right side of armor is painted with a medium brown/red base and matte charcoal/black. See Color Palette.
    Weathered with grey & brown shades, damage is present revealing a metallic silver base and a dark grey layer surrounding it.
  • Left side of armor & "Weld Blob" is painted with the same dark chrome as the rest of the armor.
    Weathered with Charcoal/Dark Grey around recesses and crevices.

YEp , I moved them down a bit and centered them better by moving them in toward the inseam , looks way better.  As for weathering, you are correct , watching a few YT videos on this , I think I have everything I need to start that process , everything is nice and shiny :-) ... Need to do the same for all my metal parts as well.

Thanks for following my progress Luke and helping me along the way , really aprecaite it.. I have everything I need now and making some good progress.

Getting close and it's looking good!

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »
Getting closer , did a ton of work this weekend to include adjusting and modifying the Flak vest, adding velcro to areas that needed it and sewing to keep everything secure.

This is my first test fitting since getting everything together , I noticed a few  things that I need to work on , but your feedback is encouraged so I can get ready for my final submission.

1) First I got the darn legs backwards ( AGAIN) time to  label the parts...
2) my chest armor is favoring my right side need to adjust this, easy fix
3) my Helmet sits low , I plan on adding some padding for a more secure fit, this should help raise the helmet a bit as well
4) need to start weathering  the armor , the leather and the metal parts with a an acrylic paint wash
4) I need to lose about 20 lbs... LOL

Other than that feedback is welcome and encouraged so I can get this dialed in and submit for approval before halloween. We are spending Halloween in Viginaia City this year for their annual  halloween get together  and I cant think of a better place to debut the outfit  8)

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2022, 10:00:58 PM »
Feels good to be so close I bet! I saw your posts in the Mando FB group and I think they covered any feedback I’d probably have currently.  :D

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Tags: