Author Topic: Jeffs Din Djarin build Season 1 (Beskar)  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Jeffnmar

Re: Jeffs Din Djarin build Season 1 (Beskar)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 06:27:46 PM »
Thanks Luke ,  lots of feedback thus far :-) , so to summarize

1) Need to work on my shoulder pauldrons , either readjust so they fit better or get larger ones? ( really don't want to start over with these)
2) velcro or use use snaps to keep the belt in front aligned better  ( thinking velcro would be easier)
3) weather all the armor , the flightsuit and boots
4) add some padding to the helmet so it sits a bit higher

Does that summarize everything needed to get me ready for 501st approval?

What are your thoughts on the chest armor? right sized or need to go larger. I bought my kit from Walts Trooper Factory and he is stating it is fine and showed me submissions of others of my stature ( 5'9" / 195 lbs) that got approval.  I am on the fence on the chest armor, I know its sitting to the right on these pictures , I have had feedback both ways . I would hate to spend $$$ not to mention the time sanding , priming and painting new parts.

Really appreciate your help this far and following my build , cant thank you enough for the support.  BTW, who did your armor? 3d printed or resin cast?

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 08:14:35 AM »
1) The shoulders are coming across as being pretty small, unfortunately. I'd try moving them outward, so that the vertical portion is "outside" of where the vest lines up. Ideally you want them to cover more of the sleeve and you're maybe halfway currently.  I'm switching over to BOBF Mando so I may have a pair of shoulders that might fit better for you.

2) I'd think Velcro is probably easier to get on and off for your belt. Some of the sticky velcro would be easier to locate the correct spot for you and then add some glue to make sure it sets maybe?

3) Agree with you there, weathering is needed. I think some folks mentioned some of the more accurate oils you can use too in the FB group.

4) Padding would help and helps avoid the bobblehead look when you're walking around too.

5) Chest armor seems ok to me as long as it's not upside-down. ;) As long as there's enough room on top for your cape to sit correctly, the sides aren't sticking out too far it seems. The bottom can overlap the bottom of the vest just a little bit, you don't seem to be sticking over too much to me.

My armor is mostly Branfuhr Props and it's a resin/fiberglass combo painted in alumaluster. My BOBF shoulders and the right thigh are Stark Industries.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 11:39:28 AM »
Yeah , after reading all the feedback I need to re-do the shoulders unfortunately, just no way around it I am afraid . There is an ETSY shop that prints out great ape files and was going to inquire with them , but if you a parting with yours and they would work I would  much rather support your BOBF build  :D, let me know if interested in parting with them .

Working on all the other items listed , I should be ready for submission by the time I get the shoulders worked out .. Anything else from a GML perspective I need to work on before final submission ?

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 04:52:19 PM »
Just running quickly down the CRL I'd need to see the following too:

Do you have a "MandoPuter" in your right gauntlet? The LED isn't required but it does require at least something resembling "The top edge near the wearer's elbow features a recessed red-tinted electronic display, covered with a rectangular frame with three bright red Mandalorian characters visible."

Make sure your ammo canisters on your right leg are in the correct order: Loaded, Loaded, Loaded, Empty, Loaded, Loaded
Chest bandoleer has: Empty, Loaded, Empty, Loaded, Loaded, Loaded

Don't forget to weather your metal parts too. All of the ammo canisters and all that. Check out Jason's on the CRL model the grooves are filled in with grime/black too.

All the fun stuff of going through the CRL with a checklist!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 07:14:39 PM »
I am good on the MandoPuter , not electronic but have a screen with the red tinted display on it, so good there. I should be good on the order of canisters , and plan on weathering everything this weekend with an acrylic wash and then some oil paints for good measure.

Checklists are good :-).  ...

Thanks again Luke, I will get busy , going to be a bit before I can get the shoulder pauldrons completed but plenty to do in the meantime. I am hoping I can get this completed by Halloween , fingers crossed.

Talk soon.....

Offline Jeffnmar

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 07:13:05 PM »
Getting close to submission , couple of fine tuning items and showing off my new shoulders that seem to be the correct size now  ( thanks Luke) :-).

1)Shoulders look better , correct sizing now.
2) velcro needs to be added to my tastet to hold belt in place better
3) remove some velcro from the flak vest that is showing, not needed now that the shoulders look to be dialed in !

Hoping to take my approval pics this week and get submitted!

Tags: