Author Topic: ANOVOS strapping  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
ANOVOS strapping
« on: July 27, 2016, 06:47:02 PM »
Have any of you TK's that bought the ANOVOS kit used the provided strapping? I'm curious how it looks because most likely that is gonna be the kit I end up with and will more than likely have to use that to start with, but it would be great to see how it looks when done rather then the diagram in the instruction PDF. So if any of you have used it or can point me to a build thread that uses it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: ANOVOS strapping
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:16:16 PM »
The strapping that ANOVOS provides is kinda'...well...lacking. It'll work, but I highly recommend picking up something a little more sturdy. Holding everything together with only elastic and velcro is not a very good option.

I used nylon webbing and snaps for my kit. You can find both on Amazon and spend no more than about $25.

If you're dead set on using their strapping method, you might be able to find pictures on Whitearmor.net or the ANOVOS facebook group. I also have almost all of the strapping bits that they send, should you need extras, though I'm way out here in the outer rim.  :tongue:
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »
If I do use the provided strapping it would only be temporary. I've dug around the FISD threads but most people have gone with the brackets or I should say I haven't found a build thread that utilizes the ANOVOS strapping yet.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »
I plan on using the nylon and snaps as well.

Offline Madighon

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:20:30 AM »
I just got approved with my Anovos TK.  I am using the Anovos strapping for now.  I will upgrade to the strap and snap method in the near future.  The Anovos strapping does work.  It feels a bit like it wants to detach around the abdomen piece until you get the belt on then if feels secure.  I'd say it's a good starting point because it is adjustable.  You can try try it with different gapping to see what feels and moves right and then you will know where your strapping should be positioned when you switch.
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
I just got approved with my Anovos TK.  I am using the Anovos strapping for now.  I will upgrade to the strap and snap method in the near future.  The Anovos strapping does work.  It feels a bit like it wants to detach around the abdomen piece until you get the belt on then if feels secure.  I'd say it's a good starting point because it is adjustable.  You can try try it with different gapping to see what feels and moves right and then you will know where your strapping should be positioned when you switch.
Do you have any pictures of it? This is what I figured I would do as well, start with it and then switch later.

Offline Madighon

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 10:44:48 AM »
I can try to take some pictures for you soon.  I used the Anovos instruction for how/where the strapping goes.  If you don't still have them, they are here:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/files/SWTROOPER001-KIT_V1.pdf?18334450603693831912

They were good enough to get me where I am.

Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »
Haven't order a kit yet, funds are there quite yet. I did look at the PDF though. Just wanted to see what it actually looks like.

Tags: