Author Topic: Kylo Ren  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Wolfgang96

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Kylo Ren
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »
Hello everyone, My name is Elisha Yang and after seeing my friend, Dawn Bright, SL1337 of the Southern California Garrison create Kylo Ren, I figured, how about I do one of my own? Starting off, when reading the 501st requirements for Kylo Ren, I noticed it said, "Basket weave, monk's cloth, or similarly textured fabric."  Now with that said, I have these blankets I got from IKEA, they are the Henrika Throw in black and they have an interesting weave, not exactly like Kylo but similiar, I'm just curious, would this acceptable? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=576337319190895&set=gm.1749118162041205&type=3&theater

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Kylo Ren
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:52:42 AM »
Well first off, Hello and welcome. The GML would have the final say but the "weave" looks good to me. How thick are those blankets? They look warm. take it from me and I'm sure Dawn would agree, with all the layers on it gets incredibly warm / hot. Also, how will that fabric hold up to sewing and the flow once it's complete? Some things you can consider. I used monks cloth from Walmart. It came in a neutral color and had to dye it. lots and lots of dye. How about the other parts? Helmet, belt, etc...... If you need any help on this I would be more than happy to lend you a hand. I see you are on the Knights of Ren Facebook page. There is a wealth of information there. I just finished mine and was approved a few days ago... Here is the link
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=9474.0
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline Wolfgang96

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 06:49:05 AM »
Well I have a heavily modded Black Series helmet, heavily modded Disney Saber (elongated the blades for a person of my height) the fabric is pretty light weight but it has a nice drape to it. after adding some sheen coat to it, it probably might add a bit of weight to it. The gloves, I heard some good things about John Fuqua's Gloves and I have boots from telacos and an inner pleated tunic from xcoser. the midcoat I apparently have that covered from my budget kylo ren from Eucon.

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »
sounds like you have alot of high end pieces. Can't wait to see it....... :D
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 03:02:31 AM »
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Good luck on the costume.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: