Author Topic: Bounty hunter greetings  (Read 1718 times)

Offline zuckuss501

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Bounty hunter greetings
« on: March 01, 2016, 09:00:30 PM »
My name is Scott, I live in Harrisburg and I'm a big fan of Star Wars and all the great characters.

I first saw the 501st on a news cast, and then at RC comic con, then I knew what I wanted to do.

I've been working on my Zuckuss costume for a few months now and submitted my pics for approval yesterday.

hopefully I will be trooping with you all soon.

(Btw here is a pic of me at Comic Con)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:16:23 PM by zuckuss501 »

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Bounty hunter greetings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »
Whoah! A Zuckuss! That looks really cool.

Can you see anything out of that?  :shock: Hopefully we'll have another bounty hunter in the garrison soon!  :D
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:00:36 PM »
sweet costume!

Welcome Scott
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline zuckuss501

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:47:52 PM »
Hi, thanks, it is very hot and I can only see through 2 slits near the eyes, so can't see very well.

I wanted to ask u guys if I may, if I'm too scary looking.... say for a kid-fest or a children's event, I'm not offended; I know what zuckuss looks like, but how does that work?

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »
Love the costume!  I can relate about limited visibility with my mask.  You'll have lots of help from other members on troops to maneuver and keep from stumbling.
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline zuckuss501

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:18 AM »
Thanks kamino, I actually fell on the escalator at comic con, tripped on my shoelace, and walked straight through one of those flimsy line bar things, but..... Take it in stride I guess.

In your masks, when someone talks to you, can they understand you, no one hears me, it just sounds mumbled. ( not quite sure how zuckuss talks anyway). Maybe get a voice amp or something, any ideas?

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
Oh no!  I did walk off of a curb I couldn't see once, but luckily my Jack boots found level ground.  I can't see below eye level if someone or something is right in front of me, and my cowl limits my side view as well.  I've gotten used to moving around that way, but still miss little ones if they walk straight up to me! 

I try not to talk, because I'm trying to portray a male Revan, but they can hear me if I'm close. I know several folks here have voice amps for their buckets, so I suggest posting the question in a separate topic to get suggestions for that.  The skills our members have for finding solutions is most impressive!

Hope to meet you soon.  I head down to Eugene and Springfield quite often for troops.  Hope you can make one of those. 

Lori
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Tags: