Author Topic: Hello from Bend!  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from Bend!
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »
Hey everybody!
I've been wanting to join the 501st for a very long time and I'm finally making that a reality! I'm currently waiting on my kit, but I should be building in just a few weeks! :D
I'll probably start a build log somewhere to help document the process, as I have no artistic talent or relevant skills at all! It should be an interesting journey.

While I'm posting in the newbie section, since I can't think of anywhere better to ask, I'm currently planning on a HWT build. I'm slightly concerned about not being able to participate in many events since, while it's 501st worthy, it isn't film cannon. Would I be missing out on much by doing this or are there not many film cannon events around here? If anybody has any input, I'd love to hear it!

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting everybody in the future and finally being able to participate!
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Hello from Bend!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »
Hello Brian!

If you're looking at making a Heavy Weapons Trooper, as long as you follow all of the costume requirements and get basic approval you should be welcome at most of our events. Sometimes there might be a request for "Jedi only" or "No scary aliens", but a lot of our events everyone is welcome once you have an approved costume.

Just make sure you check out the costume requirement library for the HWT:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

And if you haven't already, sign up and start reading up on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment at www.whitearmor.net
Most of the basic stormtrooper build process should apply to the HWT so you'll find all sorts of amazing builds and info there. Lots of reading but really worth it! Feel free to ask questions here too, and once you get your armor in the mail post lots of pictures!  :D

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
Thanks for the info, Luke!
I've been doing near-constant research over the past few days on the FISD forum, so I think (hope?) I'm ready to take this on. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be excluded from too much by not being film cannon. Glad to hear that I can safely move forward with it... I crave having that sweet pauldron!

I'll start a build log here as well as over on whitearmor; The more input I have, the better! :D
Now I just have the pain of waiting for big brown box day.
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:20:44 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

We do occasionally have requests for specific characters to appear at events. Outside of those specific events, everyone is welcome to wear an approved costume. I think you would be able to wear your HWT at most events.

If you have any other questions, then please feel free to ask.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »
Thank you for the confirmation, Harry!
I certainly appreciate it!
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 07:02:30 AM »
Welcome!  I was concerned about limited trooping opportunities myself when I was getting mine ready, but it's not that often that I don't fit the request. 

This is a great group!

Lori
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Tags: