Author Topic: Hi Everyone - about me  (Read 2430 times)

Offline wlounsbury2901

Hi Everyone - about me
« on: February 20, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »
Hi, my name is Wendy Lounsbury and I'm currently living in Portland, OR. I learned about the 501st Legion from a friend who cosplays as biker scout, and he has explained some of the wonderful things that this organization does. I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to get out and meet people, and to help in the community. He suggested I start off as spotter since they are needed at the larger events, and especially because I don't know what costume I would like yet.

I am a huge pop culture fan, but I have a special place in my heart for all things Star Wars, so it would be a huge honor for me to be able to help however I'm needed. I am, however, drawn to the dark side because, well, they do have cookies, but I can help the rebellion too. :)

Thank you

Offline MetalJedi

Re: Hi Everyone - about me
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 06:31:01 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 08:01:22 PM »
 Welcome Wendy! Keep an eye out for spotting opportunities and we look forward to seeing you at some events!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:41 PM »
Welcome aboard!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 02:26:38 AM »
Greetings and welcome to the forum.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 07:04:28 PM »
Hi there! Please do watch for spotter opportunities in the Spotter Check In thread. We post events there that we need some help at from time to time. Welcome!!

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »
Welcome and hope to see you at events very soon. I'm almost done with my Stormtrooper but even if it's not I'll be at Starlight to make sure no ones getting accosted by eager fans. Everyone is so helpful here it's like I've gained a new family, but this family actually likes Star Wars as much as me! ;)
Jim - TK50899

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »
Hi and welcome!  The spotters are so valuable to us and the guests at events.  Hope to see you out there soon!

Lori
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline jj49

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 11:46:23 AM »
Welcome Wendy :)  Spotting is so much fun and so needed. Look forward to seeing you at an event.
TB-14944

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 11:49:43 AM »
Welcome Wendy!
One of the major events where Spotters are (as always) invaluable is the Starlight Parade. It's 2-1/2 miles through downtown Portland at night and is one of the major events of the year. You'll get to meet a lot of the crew and fellow spotters. Looking forward to meeting you!
Phil / Ancient Fan
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Tags: