Author Topic: Hello! I'm new...  (Read 2414 times)

Offline TK Guevara

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello! I'm new...
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:11:54 PM »
I'm wondering about any build parties/ get together for anyone who is new at armor construction. I just received my ANOVOS armor and want to make sure I put it together correctly to specifications... Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
You can go about your business...

Offline MetalJedi

Re: Hello! I'm new...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 03:41:48 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

I noticed that you already found the section of the forums where people are documenting their stormtrooper builds. We have quite a few people working on the ANOVOS armor.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline TK Guevara

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 12:19:15 PM »
Hey Harry! I really appreciate your help and talking with you via email. I'm hopefully going to figure out how to put the armor together... do you know of any other people who are going to get together to build armor??? I have a dremel but don't know where to start cutting... haha!
I'm kind of a "show me" type of person...

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:23:18 PM »
Hi Henri,

You can find detailed build threads at whitearmor.net. One helpful link has been posted in the threads on our local forms. You might start there.

Look at lots of pictures, take your time, and everything will turn out great.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline TK Guevara

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 09:57:51 AM »
Hey Harry, I've been checking out other ppl's posts and watching their builds... looks a bit daunting, and I'm coming to realize I may be in a bit over my head... example.. watching forearm construction... I don't have a heat gun... haha! I'm sure it will all get done eventually, realizing it may take much more time than I anticipated at first... I'm concerned I may begin to build and make some mistakes I can't repair... also I'm uncertain as to the specifics of an acceptable build that would allow me to join 501st??? email is not my preferred method of communication... Please let me know if there is an upcoming event you or others I should speak to will be attending... I'd like to help out as a spotter... Thanks!

Offline sitpadeshu

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 01:34:09 PM »
You don't have to use a heat gun. :) Boiling water is a good option for shaping of its needed, but not everyone does. Just take it one part at a time and go slow. Before you begin a new section read up on the building details on whitearmor.net.  If you don search for a specific part you'll get many good threads to look through.  Try not to think of it as a finished suit yet. That will help with the anxiety.   Where are you located?
ID/TA-41414

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
I live in Troutdale, and I'm currently trying to figure out a date and time for getting some of the east side folks together for a small armor party. The next month is really busy so right now it's looking like early April for any chance of me hosting an armor party. No promises, but if that doesn't work out we might be able to arrange a time to let you get some up close looks at my armor too.

The good news is, that reshaping isn't always needed, just depends on your body type. If you have an average to slightly above average body type you're probably ok. Skinny guys and gals usually are the ones who need to cut down the forearms a bunch and then reshape it to be come circular.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline TK Guevara

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 03:30:39 PM »
Thank for the encouragement! I'm living in Hood River right now and sometimes my job has me working on call at the ER, so I can't always make it into PDX... an opportunity to meet up for an armor party would be awesome! bummed I missed out on the last one... my body type is a bit skinnier in the forearms/ lower legs so I guess I'll wait and see if those pieces fit... I'm going to start cutting using a dremel this weekend and get the pieces cleaned up a bit... then see how it goes. I will look up build threads on whitearmor.net
Thanks!  :smiley:

Offline thekasugai

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
Hi! My name is Cody. I also live in hood River! soo cool to see another guy from "the hood." lol I am new also, i am going to try to build and r2-d2 and make a tie fighter and other stuff for a vacation Bible school this year. but if you ever want to get together and have a cup of coffee feel free to hallar  ;) i really look forward to getting to know this group. i cant imagine it being anything but great fun!

Tags: