Author Topic: help assembling trooper  (Read 1309 times)

Offline ErrMerGerd

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
help assembling trooper
« on: November 02, 2015, 07:48:06 AM »
Hello all, I'm interested in joining the 501st , this garrison in particular as closest to where I live. My son is blind and I think having the costumes for him to feel while the movie plays is another level of immersion for him. I love what the 501st stands for and would love to be a part of it. Is there anyone near southern Oregon who might help a first time builder complete his stormtrooper set? I just got if from RS Propmasters and I'm terrified of messing it up. I'm pretty good with my hands but I think being around somebody who knows what they are doing might be best because I cant find a solid RS build guide anywhere. I'm willing to drive somewhere and meet. I'm hoping that someone can help me before the Battlefront and Force Awakens release.  Please and thank you!

Offline Lidocaine

Re: help assembling trooper
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
Hello Joshua!

That's a really neat way to help your son enjoy the movies! RS Props is a great choice for stormtrooper armor, I've got their kit and I love mine. Getting everything together can be tricky, and at first I'm sure it can be a little overwhelming, but the good news is there's a number of online resources out there to help!

If you haven't made your way there yet, the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) at www.whitearmor.net/forum is your best resource for all things Stormtrooper. From there, I'd look at the different build threads (I know there's at least a few RS build threads) and there's a few different sections that cover the armor, helmet, legs, etc. There's a number of different ways to assemble armor, so go with what will work best for you and still fall into the 501st standards. Feel free to ask questions, and if you need pictures of how my armor is setup I can probably shoot you specific shots if needed, if the RS guys sent you their strapping setup it should be pretty much the same as how I have mine. Posting a work in progress is always good as other Stormtroopers/501st members can help you out when you have questions and we always like to see folks building their armor!

Good luck!

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline ErrMerGerd

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: help assembling trooper
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »
Thanks Luke. I have joined FISD and the community and resources are great. im going to look up some build threads and just take my time.

Tags: