Author Topic: Hello, Vancouver user here. Let's chat.  (Read 2398 times)

Offline BlasterRifle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello, Vancouver user here. Let's chat.
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »
Hi everyone my name is Edd. I am interested to be part this base, you guys really seem to know your stuff and it would truly be an honor to join the 501st Legion. All of the charity work that this base does is really awesome, I hope to be part of it someday. I am a huge fan, and excited to demonstrate it.

Edit: I am wanting to create this http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj armor. If you guys have any suggestion on how to start please don't be shy. Time to do some research.

Edit 2: I am trying to join the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment but I cannot access their website. Anyone know why?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:55:32 PM by BlasterRifle »

Offline Dax Corrin

Re: Hello, Vancouver user here. Let's chat.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 01:45:02 AM »
Welcome aboard, we can always use more stormies!
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »
Welcome!

I think FISD has had some DNS issues with their website lately, it looks to be up this morning so hopefully all of their issues are resolved! Check out the ROTJ section and the build threads too for some great research topics on the ROTJ TK armor. Should have suggested vendors too, you almost always want to stay away from ebay sales.

Once you get your big brown box full of goodies don't forget to upload lots of progress pictures too!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 03:34:54 PM »
Welcome to the boards!
Macy

Offline NavySith

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »
Welcome
Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline BlasterRifle

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
Thanks!

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

If you specifically want RotJ stormtrooper armor, then I think your options for kits are a little bit more limited.

The FISD site seems to have had a few problems recently. I hope everything will be back on track soon.

We have some experienced TK builders here, so please feel free to ask any questions.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
Hi Edd, welcome to the boards! Harry is right, there aren't as many makers of the ROTJ stormtrooper kits as there are ANH/ESB. The two main armorers for ROTJ troopers are CFO (cast from original), and Troopermaster, both out of the UK. There may be a US supplier, I'm not sure... Maybe an Ep6 trooper can chime in?   
TK/TD-76216

Tags: