Author Topic: new, aspiring handmaiden, not a costumer...(PDX)  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Cygan

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
new, aspiring handmaiden, not a costumer...(PDX)
« on: July 01, 2015, 02:35:22 PM »
Hi, you can call me Cygan, 'love your blood drives!
I'm attending a themed wedding toward the end of August and am hoping to go in a Lake Arrival Gown for the day and handmaiden Flame Gown for the night. I'm not a costumer/seamstress. Has anyone here made either of these costumes? Would you be willing to make another? I could apprentice but I won't be up to standard on my own. What's my next step? You're welcome to e-mail me privately. Thanks!

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: new, aspiring handmaiden, not a costumer...(PDX)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »
Welcome!

We don't have anyone in the group with either of those costumes. Your best bet might be to go through a local seamstress to custom make it for you or find someone elsewhere (like on Etsy) to make them for you. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! We'd love to add another handmaiden to our group, too!

Offline Cygan

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:10:02 PM »
Yeah, I didn't remember seeing anyone at Orycon or the Starlight Parade in those costumes, but I knew not everyone is everywhere. At least now the absence is confirmed. Etsy has a plausible Flame Gown maker. The great Lake Arrival gown there comes from Italy and probably can't be made by that source in the time needed for the available budget (too late at a fine price or maybe in time at more than I can spend). Seamstress & costumer recommendations still appreciated!

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:51:47 AM »
Try the Rebel Legion forum, you might be able to find someone there who can help...
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: