Author Topic: Ready to Join  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Antihilles

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Ready to Join
« on: April 03, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Jeff and I am a resident of Portland. I have been a star wars fan my whole life and have always wanted to purchase an official Star Wars costume. I am also am seeking to become involved in my local community and want to join a local charity organization. The 501 Legoin seems like a great place to combine both these goals!

I am looking to get a basic stormtrooper set to begin. I've already contacted ATA and Authenticprop to inquire about sizing and prices. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you and I look forward to becoming involved!

Jeff

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Ready to Join
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:13:23 PM »
Welcome! You'll find many recent TKs around here who I'm sure will chime in with their advice. If you haven't already, make sure you get registered on whitearmor.net and read read read until your eyes bleed!

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »
Welcome!
Macy

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:01:28 PM »
Welcome, Jeff!  ATA and AuthenticProps, both great TK armor makers. Right now, the wait-list for an ATA kit is about 10 months, so I hear.  Not sure about the wait on an AP.. most likely not quite as long. AP is a kit more suited to smaller framed troopers, ATA more the average body-type, and RT-Mod makes kits suited for taller/larger frames.  Post up over at FISD (whitearmor.net) and start studying build threads and the Expert infantry request threads. Good luck in your research, and don't be shy to as a ton of questions!   :wink:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:58:59 PM by RainTrooper »
TK/TD-76216

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »
Check out "The Shed of Glittering Delights" on Facebook! Andy Rodgers is the man to talk to. I'm not sure of his wait, but it's definitely worth it! Also, RS Props does a great ANH vacformed armor set. Their wait is reallllly quick, but there is more DIY work involved.

Tags: